Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 bales, 2 posts

A couple of shots tucked away amidst my Italy ones: some fields in Wiltshire.

[Image: OH_1535treatedWeb_ST.jpg]

[Image: OH_1545-2ndBWweb_ST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

#1 grabs me...like it was taken from a UFO with some heat sensing imagery hardware...its a normal view, but with a non-human viewpoint...

I think #1 would be better in pure B&W--the tinting is distracting.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Fair point Don. In fact I was spinning a coin as to whether to post this one or the mono!
Some of you may find the pp interesting: I did a full conversion to monochrome, working towards a faux IR effect and heavily darkening the darks with a red filter, just as if it were film/emulsion. I had the processed colour version in on another layer, then slid the opacity slider to about halfway. Thus, rather than a "tinting" of a monochrome, we've got a hybrid shot in which the darker - darker/mid end of the monochrome peeks through the colour version, along with that IR "haze". The result was an arrival at a sort of "bleach bypass" effect, but done in a totally new(and easier) way for me.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:I did a full conversion to monochrome, working towards a faux IR effect and heavily darkening the darks with a red filter, just as if it were film/emulsion. I had the processed colour version in on another layer, then slid the opacity slider to about halfway. Thus, rather than a "tinting" of a monochrome, we've got a hybrid shot in which the darker - darker/mid end of the monochrome peeks through the colour version, along with that IR "haze". The result was an arrival at a sort of "bleach bypass" effect, but done in a totally new(and easier) way for me.
Imagine what the "hard" way involved...

Interesting post-processing approach - when I first saw Toad's comments about a heat-sensing UFO viewpoint, I thought that was a pretty big leap. Instead, he called it almost exactly. I never would have thought of that impression, let alone the path that the image took. I have to say that the end result is quite effective.

Toad Wrote:Imagine what the "hard" way involved...
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I love the dynamics of the foreground and background in number 2.

Canon stuff.

Love #2 - the lines in the hill really do it for me. Awesome stuff!