2 from today.

D2X+Zeiss 100mm/2

Iso:400 F/2
[Image: zfs_100_1.jpg]
[Image: zfs_100_2.jpg]

c&c Welcome as always.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Wow, Paul, those are amazing. That lens renders the OOF areas beautifully. The second one especially shows it off. I keep looking at the sharp centre of the flower, past the creamy taller petals, and out to where the focal plane smoothly intersects the rest of the bloom. I know that sounds like an overly clinical way of enjoying a beautiful picture, but the sharpness and bokeh really are remarkable.

The first photo, while also an excellent example of the lens, isn't as pleasing. Because of the composition I'd really like the reddish berries toward the centre to be the ones in focus.

(And thanks for giving me something really great to look at on my new 24" iMac.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanx Matthew.

Yes im really pleased with the performance of this lens,(well im very happy with all my Zeiss lenses lol) the selective focus is really fun.

Here is example (not perfect regarding the focus, im getting faster though lol)

[Image: zf_100_10.jpg]

Here are some more images (people shots) if your interested.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.a...e=24256436

The second image is just an example of me trying to be artsy fartsy with my composition. Big Grin

Here are two more (same outing)

[Image: zfs_100_3.jpg]

[Image: zfs_100_4.jpg]

I really like che first one's color and the second one in batch 2 all around fav

I really want to like the very first photo posted but the transitions from sharp-to-blur seem harsh and unnatural to me. Almost random, they don't make sense in any way that improves the composition.
Everything else is delightful, like one would expect from Zeiss.

Amazing pictures - agree with everyone on the first. Although I love the bokeh in it.

Canon stuff.

Thanx Guys!

Yes iv gotten some mixed opinions on the first shot. Big Grin

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 4, 2017, 05:14