Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 moods

It's funny how walking 10 yards can generate different compositions, which in turn generate different ideas or moods that one wants to convey.
These are both within the same "gallery courtyard" in Cheltenham, taken within minutes and a small distance of each other.
Both are the same focal length, same aperture, but I decided in the pp stage to use effects to polarise the moods I wanted to convey.

1st: sharpened, contrast-masked, dodged/burnt:

[Image: HD31galleryCYard_CM-web.jpg]

2nd: diffused, some specular highlights added, shift in hues:

[Image: gallerynostalgiaWEB.jpg]

I can't quite put into words exactly what I mean..but hey, isn't that why we use the camera?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

"We are tied down to a language that makes up in obscurity what it lacks in style." (Stoppard.)

I see what you mean about the two different moods of the images. I prefer the second, but they're so different that it isn't really a direct comparison.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wow - great study in mood contrasts for essentially the same scene. Well done, Zig!

Interesting study!

I would like to see both before processing, because they must have had something in them that made you decide how to process one and the other. So for me the art lies less in the actual processing than in the eye for the processing a picture might ask for. Just as Mat says, now that you have already worked with them, they cannot be compared directly.

very nice idea!

Uli

I like the leading lines in the first shot - fantastic composition and great use of the lens.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Dec 7, 2009, 07:44