Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2013 Senior Session

I had my first session this weekend for 2013 seniors.... I was nervous but this girl was so pretty she made my pics look pretty. I'm happy with how they turned out. Smile

Nice idea with the frame, I like it! I'm not really sure how seniors' pictures are supposed to be like, but I'd definitely choose that one.

The first one seems a bit too bright for me, but maybe it's just my monitor Smile As knox said, the one with the frame is really good. I also like the third one, with the plain wood background. Just as a suggestion, I would'va added more leaves on the ground. All in all, it's great work!

(Nov 18, 2012, 18:48)BrandyMaeD Wrote:  I had my first session this weekend for 2013 seniors.... I was nervous but this girl was so pretty she made my pics look pretty. I'm happy with how they turned out. Smile

Nice work Smile The girl is pretty and sweet indeed, and you've captured that sweetness in the photos and I like that a lot. The last two are my favorites Smile

Sweet shots.

As it is not in critique a couple of tips.
Avoid like the plague shots where the sun is facing you. A couple of steps to the left would have masked it behind the tree. and you may have lost the blown look on top of the young ladies head.
Meter in a brighter part of the shot and then recompose, whilst holding the shutter at half press.
You can always lighten a dark part, but you cant darken a burnt out / blown part.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi Brandy, nice job. In addition to this type of composition you might want to try some shots with either a long lens or your zoom set to a long setting and use a wide aperture to make the background go soft...

Brandy,
She is a lovely subject, hard to go wrong there! The blue in each shot really pops off her pale skin and hair. Taking them in nature just adds to her natural beauty - I know the first pic is not technically "correct' but the lightness of the overall image draws you into her dark eyes - I like that.
Lori

(Nov 21, 2012, 06:39)NT73 Wrote:  Sweet shots.

As it is not in critique a couple of tips.
Avoid like the plague shots where the sun is facing you. A couple of steps to the left would have masked it behind the tree. and you may have lost the blown look on top of the young ladies head.
Meter in a brighter part of the shot and then recompose, whilst holding the shutter at half press.
You can always lighten a dark part, but you cant darken a burnt out / blown part.

LOL I was aiming for the sun in the shot. This is EXACTLY what I wanted. Smile I was going for bright and fuzzy and the look that I ended up with. I love that we can all have different takes on the same shots. People either really like these, or have tips.

THANKS for the tips, everyone not just you lol. But really, this is what I was going for.

If you are happy, then fine. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tony Britton
Jun 14, 2016, 06:12
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2016, 08:25
Last Post by Korry
Jul 4, 2013, 03:16