Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 Different Shots

I wish that I could say that I was honing in on one particular style lately, but other than having a sense of narrative, there isn't much similar about these shots.

Color Field

[Image: Color%20Field.jpg]

Hill House

[Image: Hill%20House.jpg]

There's a Light

[img]http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images/upload/There's a Light.jpg[/img]

New Neighbours in Sector 4

[Image: New%20Neighbors%20in%20Sector%204.jpg]

Thanks for sharing your art, Toad.

I love it...
I see the idea of cold and warm, light and shadow and many more ... Great details to get lost... I think it is an image where each viewer can make its own story.

The light is really beautiful, and the texture of the sky just impressive. The mood is fantasmagórico and I feel as if I were missing the shadow, the silhoutte in the window... maybe the human touch or ghost touch...

I like a lot the story in this one... the details are really well cared (little window and the cable ) The light in the details of the facade is beautiful, so well done... It seems to me that it is a beautiful building, btw...

This is the one I like less of this series... I like the picture very much, I think the idea is really great, but I see the colors a bit monotono... On the other hand to have the umbrella in a contrasting color might be seen as a cliché....

Edit

Forgot to say... I'm looking forward to seeing more... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you for taking the time to look and provide feedback, Irma!

Hi Toad, these are all so nice and so artistic. I loved them all, I should say this at first.

"Color Field"... you really made wonderful for the colours...

"Hill House"... like a painting, you are amazing.

"There's a Light" hits impressively,

"New Neighbours in Sector 4"... so beautiful and so impressive this blue umbrella.

You are amazing, super what you did, fascinated me dear Toad,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thank you very much for your kind words, Nia.

Toad Wrote:Thank you very much for your kind words, Nia.
You are welcome Toad, I'm still watching them, Smile Photography and art. This is great Toad, makes me exciting.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

I think I like Hill House the best, but that might be because it's the most familiar-looking. It's a very peaceful image with a touch of humour, and beautifully rendered.

Your photo, or rather title, 'There's a Light' has had a Brad and Janet duet stuck in my head all day.

(I'm surprised that nobody has given you a hard time about the thread title yet...)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

LMAO... exact same thing happened to me this morning Matthew... Been rocky horror all day long in my head. I have come back to this thread 3 times today to try and add something... And all I can say is I really like the house of the 4 pictures, with number 1 coming in second, I am still trying to decide what #1 is.

I can see a steel door and some windows I think, SO now I think it is a night shot of a street shot from a doorway, but I started out thinking it was a shot of an underground train.

EnglishBob Wrote:now I think it is a night shot of a street shot from a doorway....
Exactly.

Matthew Wrote:Your photo, or rather title, 'There's a Light' has had a Brad and Janet duet stuck in my head all day.

(I'm surprised that nobody has given you a hard time about the thread title yet...)
The title is actually from "To Love Somebody" performed by Janis Joplin...

"There's a light....a certain kind of light
That never ever, ever shone on me..."

As for the title of the thread, I am also very surprised... 3 of the photos are different and one is the same, I suppose...

Thanks for your comments, guys!

Toad Wrote:
EnglishBob Wrote:now I think it is a night shot of a street shot from a doorway....
Exactly.

Matthew Wrote:Your photo, or rather title, 'There's a Light' has had a Brad and Janet duet stuck in my head all day.

The title is actually from "To Love Somebody" performed by Janis Joplin...

"There's a light....a certain kind of light
That never ever, ever shone on me..."

As for the title of the thread, I am also very surprised... 3 of the photos are different and one is the same, I suppose...

Thanks for your comments, guys!
I was focus on the photographs and now I noticed the title, how beautiful... yes, you did great once again I can say this,

thanks Toad,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Nia:

Your praise will go to my head soon...and my head is already too full of ego to be useful.

Toad Wrote:Nia:

Your praise will go to my head soon...and my head is already too full of ego to be useful.
You are so nice Toad, but I am sure you know this is me, and I can only talk and share from my heart... Smile
and how sad I can't use this language well enough... Nothing is well expressed (it is less) into my words be sure.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Not sure what to say here that's not been expressed one way or another, already.

Wow, last two are my favourites - love the selective colour / focal point. Was #4 converted to B/W or is that the natural colour?

shuttertalk Wrote:Wow, last two are my favourites - love the selective colour / focal point. Was #4 converted to B/W or is that the natural colour?
#4 is slightly desaturated - but pretty much natural color.

I dont care for the abstract but your techniue to enhance the buildings and streets--to make them super sharp yet looking archetypal, surrealistic, is very impressive.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys!

Very stimulating work Rob - very impressed.

Canon stuff.

Thanks muchly...

Greetings Rob...

#1. Like it a lot.

#2. Love the concept and could see it in my house sans the mazda miata. For me, it takes the character out of the photo. Just my lowly opinion though.

#3. Like the concept again, but am distracted by the white door in the window. If it were simple household clutter and furniture it would really change the photo for me.

#4. LOVE IT. Love the lines, the use of space, and soft appearance. Nicely done.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks Jerry!

In 3# - the white doorway is actually an artist's canvas on an easel. It becomes quite obvious when it is blown up far enough...the reason I started blowing it up is because I was curious about what it was.

I had another look at your photos... which is where things change for me. #1 is a fantastic shot! At first glance I liked it. The more I look at it,,, the more I like it.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19