Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 x one tree

G'day all, this is a photo I have been playing with in PS, with the aim to hone my limited PS skills.

Being inspired by Irma's work with trees, sepia and protrait view landscape shots. While this is not what I would call a great composition it was the only shot I had to work with. Compisition wise I feel there was too much dead space at the bottom of the frame, the subject not that interesting, needed a little more room on the right of the pic. I do like the space at the top of the frame and the natural gradient.

Now I have put this here wanting your C&C but I have also included the original just in case anyone wanted to have a play or tweak.

#1 Original
[Image: treeorig.JPG]

#2 Colour
[Image: treesml.jpg]

#3 B&W
[Image: treeb&wsml.jpg]

#4 Sepia
[Image: treesepiasml.jpg]

thanks for looking.....Big Grin

I like the B&W the best because I think it works with the negative space on the top and bottom the best. The sepia also works. You might consider a slight crop to get rid of a bit of the negative space - it may not work - but you may like it.

I think you achieved what you wanted with the final sepia image. I wouldn't change the composition to crop 'negative space'. I think it is an interesting part of this type of image / compostion.

The twilight sky / (gradient from dark to light) seems to work the magic in these shots.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I actually liked the original best (except for the black at the bottom) but they all look great to me.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

thanks for your comments

Toad I agree with you.......my pick is the b&w for the reasons you pointed out

Smarti, the gradient does work well thanks. I think sepia is a close second for me. Smile

Schell, funny my wife thinks the same as you and likes the original aswell. Big Grin aint it the way after your pp work Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 12, 2016, 06:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Nov 23, 2014, 07:46
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 18, 2013, 14:43