Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

$4 million photograph

What makes this photograph worth $4,338,500 (other than the obvious fact someone was prepared to pay that amount for it)?

[Image: expensive_photographs05.jpg]

(Feb 24, 2014, 03:14)Jeffbridge Wrote:  What makes this photograph worth $4,338,500 (other than the obvious fact someone was prepared to pay that amount for it)?

Apparently, those who have the vision might, if they look very hard, be able to see the Emperor's New Clothes in the photo, somewhere on the banks of the river Rhine. They will probably be seen on one of the thirds, as Andreas Gursky is an artist-photographer of some renown in the perplexing world of art.

Philip

(Feb 24, 2014, 06:01)MrB Wrote:  
(Feb 24, 2014, 03:14)Jeffbridge Wrote:  What makes this photograph worth $4,338,500 (other than the obvious fact someone was prepared to pay that amount for it)?

Apparently, those who have the vision might, if they look very hard, be able to see the Emperor's New Clothes in the photo, somewhere on the banks of the river Rhine. They will probably be seen on one of the thirds, as Andreas Gursky is an artist-photographer of some renown in the perplexing world of art.

Philip

I'd suggest its value is precisely what I paid for it.

Does a fool and his money are soon departed come to mind ... or some ocean front property in Arizona really ring true??

Just realized I'm sitting on a fortune!! Ed.

To each his own!

Heck I would be happy with a weeks pay for one of my SNAP SHOTS.

you mean you're not going to tell us?

I really don't mind when people manage to sell their photographs, even if for $x million. Good for them! But what make me sad is the fact that this particular photo is heavily photoshopped...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post