Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Mercedes 2 images

We went to a Castle today. In front of the building we found this car.... I took some pictures but these ones are just details of the car... They are just the only ones I have... Do you think there are possibilities to get a nice picture from these ones? Perhaps a crop???

Thanks a lot for your help Smile

[Image: DSC_0041-01carfront.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0042-01carinside.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I liked the first image and wanted to see what I could do with it. After doing a little work on it and cropping close to the front grill and headlights I'm finding there to be too much of an angle to do what I wanted. Personally I think the image needed a bit of fill flash but I don't know what to do with the image the way it is. I think it is fine just as it is.
I'm sure some of the other imaginative minds around here will create something. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I had much the same idea as Petographer. I couldn't crop close enough without losing the Mercedes badge, so used the old "growing out of the frame" trick. Also tried to make the car more bright and shiny. I really wanted to turn it so the grille faced more to the front, but found it didn't seem possible (for me anyway), so here's my effort:

[Image: 59_Untitled-1.jpg]

Got to finish making our evening meal now (there's a starving Rufus snapping at my heels). Might have a try at something with the other one later.

--NN

How about something like this - done with layers and filters + gradients. You could even add maybe a slogan on the wall - something like "Not British but Not Bad" Big Grin

[Image: merc02.jpg]

Polly

Didn't think of doing a painterly effect at all. Nice Pol (stranger) Smile .

NN, also a good idea. I had trouble keeping the badge in the crop also. I have never tried any pop-out images so I never thought of it. What did you do to boost the shiny look of the chrome?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Peto,

I just played with brighness/contrast and hue/saturation/lightness 'til I got what i wanted (though may have gone a bit OTT Smile )

Couldn't do much with the other shot, so I just put it somewhere prettier:

[Image: IMGP4837.jpg]

I just came back from a dinner I had with some friends, and I couldn't go to bed without seeing my thread....

Colin, I have the RAW file so probably I can lighten a bit more #1 and then brighter as NN did....

Polly I like very much you try. It is a very nice idea... I have never done anything like that, this picture seems to be a good one to try filters and gradientes... The slogan is genial Wink

NN I never thought about placing the car in another place... That is also a great idea...

Thanks a lot!!! You all are great ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Some great work here you guys.........

NN, like how you have added it to another shot.........very cool

Polly, I think what you have done really works well with the pic.........thumbs up

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Jul 1, 2013, 01:16
Last Post by melvin
Apr 19, 2013, 19:04