Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Stately Home

These were taken yesterday (13/11/2013) at Waddesdon Manor, a splendid National Trust property near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, Southern England. During the winter season, the many large statues around the manor house are covered by unattractive weatherproof sheets to prevent erosion, so viewpoints that exclude them are difficult to find. The first shot was about half an hour before sunset, and shows the south side of the manor house. The second was about half an hour after sunset, and shows the north side, including - ready for Christmas - the illuminated trees. The camera is a Pentax K-5 II with the 18-135mm zoom lens:

28mm, f/11, 1/125s, ISO 200.

31mm, f/5, 1/50s, ISO 3200.

Philip

For me, the turret on the left in the first image is a bit distracting. I would have tried to avoid that too. Verticals need correcting and I would like to see it a little bit less exposed or more saturated.
Second image much better. Good saturated colours, nice exposure. Couple walking across front add that bit of action to it, as does the flag. Nice shot.

Thank you for commenting, Dean, and many thanks also for your useful suggestions regarding the first image.

Philip

Wohhh I like the first the image. Looks properly sharp for an image of architetcure.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

PhotoPlay, I'm glad you like it - thank you for your comments. Smile

Philip

Wow!
That's impressive.
I am a member of the National Trust, so I must visit it sometime.

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39