Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Trip To Munich

Last weekend we've been to Bavaria for the first time after three years of abstinence - much too long. We mainly went to see my Mom, that's why I couldn't take as many pictures as I wanted to... Irma was shooting a lot, though. Big Grin

We'll post our pictures in this thread so as not to spam the forum.

Here is my Mom in front of the Sylvenstein reservoir, trying to keep her hair on. Smile She's 84 and has had several operations on her heart, but she went hiking with us nonetheless and enjoyed it immensely. Smile

[Image: 335_DSC_0075_framed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Nice view.. your Mum sure looks like she's enjoying herself..Col

Gone all digital

On the way to Munich we had a break near Fulda. We took some pictures of these railway tracks. This is the main connection between South and North, and we were waiting for the ICE (Inter City Express) but gave up after a while. When we were back at the car the ICE came rushing past. Bloody hell! We missed it by three minutes. Sad

[Image: 335_DSC_0001_framed.jpg]

[Image: 335_DSC_0032_framed.jpg]

A squirrel in the cemetery. Most of my Mom's friends have passed away already - I reckon the loneliness is the worst part of being old.

[Image: 335_DSC_0048_framed.jpg]

[Image: 335_DSC_0055_framed.jpg]

One of my Mom's Orchids...

[Image: 335_DSC_0035_framed.jpg]

The river Isar comes from the Alps, flows through Munich and ends in the Danube. This is what the Isar looks like 30 km upriver from Munich.

[Image: 335_DSC_0091_framed.jpg]

Hey G, thanks for sharing. I'm sure she's a very special person. She certainly looks very healthy!

I love the squirrel photos - they're gorgeous, and also the orchids. Very nice! Big Grin

Great series of images G. I like everyone of them. Your mom sure looks good for 84.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

LOvely series of images, love the sky in that last one.

Always it is a bit borring to spend 8 hours in the freeway when we go to Munich, so this time I decided to take pictures from the car, Don's style. Smile There were a lot of motorbikes as the weather was great.

[Image: P1080020motosandcars.jpg]

In our stop in Fulda there was a dam. It was already late afternoon so the colors were really beautiful.

[Image: P1070302dam.jpg]

Next day we drove south, and I just coudn't stop taking pictures to the Alps

[Image: P1070554mountains.jpg]

We crossed the border to Austria to find a restaurant. Infront of the restaurant I found a very interesting farm house.

[Image: P1070627house.jpg]

Often, the houses in Bavaria have some murals in the walls which make them look particularly beautiful. They call it "Lüftlmalerei". Smile This is the restaurant we were in Austria.

[Image: P1070633restaurant.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

What a great document of this trip - I wondered where you guys were.

I love it when you get a synopsis of a tripo through multi photos like this - reminds me of Peto and my trip to Garbaldi Lake last year.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Here is my last picture of this trip, another river scene...

[Image: 335_DSC_0111_framed.jpg]

We are planning on going to the south again this summer or autumn, maybe for a week. I really hope we can make it. My pictures don't do any justice to this gorgeous landscape. Oh well, maybe next time. Smile

Great series of shots, very interesting. I really like the river shots, looks like great water for trout fishing.

Cheers

I love your collection of scenic shots, Irma! The scenery is very picturesque!

Great addition to the bunch Irma. The scenery is real nice.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

A nice mix of everything G! I really enjoyed your shots.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I love the portrait of your mom and I love your pictures of the area. I didn't care as much for your pictures of roads and bridges. These don't have any distinctiveness. The farm house photo was very interesting to me.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post