Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Walk in the Park

I’ve been wanting to do a portrait of my daughter and me, so yesterday we went to the park for Mother’s Day and I took along my tripod. It was a little nerve-racking for me taking these, because, well, I was in them Rolleyes, and people kept stopping to watch. It was also quite intimidating getting myself into the shot in 10 seconds and figuring out how in the world to pose. These were taken with my Sony DSC-H2 and on-camera flash for fill.

[Image: DSC04604c.jpg]

[Image: DSC04593c2.jpg]

[Image: DSC04589b.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Nice shots! you can totally see the family resemblence

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I can understand the difficulties in setting these up and still managing to look "calm and in control" in the time before the beeps! I like the fill-flash in the last one especially...nice angle too: very "Picture Post".

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Pretty as a picture. It really looks like someone else took them. You don't seem at all harried.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Very beautiful pictures Aine.
I like the place you chose to take the pictures. The use of flash was geat here. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you Irma.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 1, 2017, 15:51