Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A beautiful Moon

This was taken from my back garden on 30 June.
Manual mode, f/8, 1.25 sec shutter speed, ISO 100, 300mm focal length

Attached Files Image(s)

Another excellent. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 8, 2015, 09:01)EdMak Wrote:  Another excellent. Ed.

And another thank you Ed. I feel I am at last starting to understand my camera Smile
Regards Jane

I would concur with that Jane, keep up the good work. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

looks sharp and with good tones and detail. the numbers confirm it should be free of motion blur so well done there. the only thing i could possibly suggest for this image is a crop to lose some of the negative space around the moon, but to be honest that's just being really picky since it's the critique forum. it's a fantastic image.

(Jul 11, 2015, 04:59)Jeffbridge Wrote:  That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

Thank you Jeffbridge Smile
Regards Jane

(Jul 14, 2015, 04:19)cuilin Wrote:  looks sharp and with good tones and detail. the numbers confirm it should be free of motion blur so well done there. the only thing i could possibly suggest for this image is a crop to lose some of the negative space around the moon, but to be honest that's just being really picky since it's the critique forum. it's a fantastic image.

Thank you Cuilin. I did try cropping the dark out a bit, but felt it made the image a bit blurry so I settled for a clearer image Smile It was a beautiful evening and the moon was very bright and I couldn't resist getting a picture.
Regards Jane

(Jul 14, 2015, 04:45)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Jul 14, 2015, 04:19)cuilin Wrote:  looks sharp and with good tones and detail. the numbers confirm it should be free of motion blur so well done there. the only thing i could possibly suggest for this image is a crop to lose some of the negative space around the moon, but to be honest that's just being really picky since it's the critique forum. it's a fantastic image.

Thank you Cuilin. I did try cropping the dark out a bit, but felt it made the image a bit blurry so I settled for a clearer image Smile It was a beautiful evening and the moon was very bright and I couldn't resist getting a picture.
Regards Jane

sounds like you've made the right choice then. i only suggested it cause it's the critique forum and i couldn't come up with anything else. Smile

(Jul 14, 2015, 04:52)cuilin Wrote:  

Regards Jane

sounds like you've made the right choice then. i only suggested it cause it's the critique forum and i couldn't come up with anything else. Smile

Thank you again. It is the best I have taken with the camera on its own, I dabble in astrophotography and usually have the camera attached to my telescope. I haven't done that lately though I must admit, getting lazy.

(Jul 14, 2015, 04:59)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Jul 14, 2015, 04:52)cuilin Wrote:  

Regards Jane

Thank you again. It is the best I have taken with the camera on its own, I dabble in astrophotography and usually have the camera attached to my telescope. I haven't done that lately though I must admit, getting lazy.

i'd like to see those, astrophotography is an interest of mine. but being on the east coast means i'm usually out of luck.

Why there is a yellow shade in the moon? Because of lighting, is it intentional?

(Jul 22, 2015, 03:34)shumicse Wrote:  Why there is a yellow shade in the moon? Because of lighting, is it intentional?

Hi. I am not sure what you mean by a yellow shade. This was taken without any lights, with a tripod in manual mode. It is as seen except for adding a touch of contrast and cropping some of the black sky out. If you look at a moon map you will see it does have different shades on it.

Regards Jane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Nov 14, 2016, 16:54
Last Post by Browser Mike
Oct 18, 2016, 14:39
Last Post by Jocko
Apr 22, 2016, 03:26