Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A couple of portraits

Hi All,

It's been a very long time since I was on here...Have learned a little bit in that time, but have much to go.. Here are a few examples :

[Image: 0003.jpg]

[Image: 0005.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1284%20Frame.jpg]

C & C Welcome

I like them! nice lighting and good composition!
I like the first two better than the third, have to think about the reasons, will get back when I think of them.... Smile

uli

Hi.

Sorry for being a litte late in the game.

Exposure and framing is ok, but the expression dosent suite the setup imo. If it was to be a street candid, let say of celeb, then it would make alot more sense.

A litte to close to the bg, you can see the texture of the fabric. I would have liked to see the other eye aswell. Other then that it works quite well.

Very dramatic lightning, a little more fill would be more flattering for a women. Other then that i think it works great. Clearly my favourite out of the 3.

Thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I also prefer the dramatic lighting of the third image. Beautiful head and shoulder shot.

I personally dont like the hat in the first two, she is too pretty to hide behind the hat.... I think the first image would be great (without the hat).
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.... Maybe a bit more info... The first 2 are of my daughter, my camera was 2 days old when I took them and we were just mucking around...

The last was from a lighting session held on a portrait night at my local camera club. This shot was done with a single tungsten light.... I much prefer the BW version :

[Image: _MG_1284%20FrameBW.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile

Atlas

I like the black and white one better too Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by gerainte
Jan 24, 2014, 15:24
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 1, 2013, 13:02