Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few flowers

Took the 60mm/2,8 Micro with me today, where out with the family to a ancient grave field.

Here is a couple of attempts to capture some flowers.

Im no flower guy (ask my wife Big Grin ) im not even close of knowing what im looking at.

[Image: 60mm_1.jpg]
[Image: 60mm_2.jpg]
[Image: 60mm_3.jpg]
[Image: 60mm_4.jpg]
[Image: 60mm_5.jpg]

Comments and critique most welcome.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Wow!!!
These are just beautiful. The depth of field is amazing.

Here is one of mine on a similar subject, but it does not hold up I fear.
[Image: f1.jpg]

Thnx binglefish,

on contrary id say you image holds up more then enough.

Great shot, a very interesting image. And i just love the green color.

What camera/lens was used ?

/P.L

Beautiful pictures of flowers and fern. Smile

Paul, This might be just my liking, but I think that flowers with too many droplets distract from the subject, the flower. Also, I think they don't let you appreciate the texture of the petals which in some cases it is beautiful. One or two droplets in the tip of the petals give a very subtle detail to your flower without distraction.

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Paul,
The camera is a Pentax ist DS with the standard 18-55mm sigma len that comes with it.
( f/13, 1/60sec ISO200 , 50mm)

P.S. I love the droplets.

Hey Paul, absolutely stunning images! The colour and sharpness are simply amazing, and I love the drops of dew on the petals. Only critique I could offer is to watch the DOF on some of them, especially #1 and to a lesser extent #2. #3 is spot on.

Nice shot too, binglefish! What an interesting looking fern! I like the composition too...

Absolutely incredible shots Paul. You too binglefish. I certainly see where Irma is coming from on the droplet factor but that sure doesn't take away too much of the fact that these are amazing images.
Just one thing, smaller images. Viewers will not like scrolling to see the images. 600x800 is usually a good viewing size but please try not to go beyond 1024x768. Not only do large images make it more difficult to view for people with 17" & 15" monitors but images that large are more likely to be stolen for prints.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wonderful depth of field. Sometimes the backgrounds do contain distractions. Some cropping and recomposition of the central image might help to reduce the distractions. I also think there was too much water in most of them.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thnx everyone for the comments/critique.

Irma:
You are correct, less droplets would have they way to go. (have to get a mini spray can) Wink

ST:
The first one could surely use some more dof, thats just me not paying attention :-) i used tripod on all shots except #2 .

Petographer:
I will make sure to follow the 1024x768 guideline, im using a dual 20.1" setup with a resolution 1600x1200, so i easy forget that its quite large Tongue .

Don:
Most images is cropped a little, probebly gonna get a tele macro to make it easier for me with the backgrounds. Big Grin

Once again thnx all for the kind words and the constructive critique.

Here is a wood-anemone with some "real" droplets Wink
taken at dawn.

[Image: vitsippa.jpg]

/P.L

For those interested.

Setup used

Nikon D2x
Nikkor 60mm/2,8 Micro (means macro in nikon language)
Manfrotto 190PROb tripod
Manfrotto 468RC4 Ballhead

/P.L

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:For those interested.

Setup used

Nikon D2x
Nikkor 60mm/2,8 Micro (means macro in nikon language)
Manfrotto 190PROb tripod
Manfrotto 468RC4 Ballhead

/P.L

And a dual 20.1" setup with a resolution 1600x1200!!!

Do you have any other hobbies? Big Grin

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

No not really Big Grin

/P.L

By the way, Paul, I've been meaning to ask - do you do the framing and type all the info at the bottom of the photo manually? Or use some sort of automated action?

Its a Java script done in photoshop cs2.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.a...e=13550249

Credit goes to the original author.

Its also available for cs let me know if u need a link to cs version aswell.
/P.L

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post