Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few pics from while I was away

We went to a local church in a village called Hanbury one very sunny evening a few weeks ago. The church is perched right on the top of a hill with views for miles around. Here are three pics I took that evening.

The church, lit by the evening sun:

[Image: IMGP4808.jpg]

The view to one side of the churchyard:

[Image: IMGP4802.jpg]

Walkers crossing a wheat fied way below the hill (taken with 500mm mirror lens):

[Image: IMGP4777.jpg]

--NN

I coudn't say which one is my favorite. All of them have something I like. The light in #1 is great, and how it illuminates the chuch and the headstone. The composition and colors in #2 and 3 are splendid. Beautiful pictures NN. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Nice pic with #1, NN. I can appreciate the architecture and construction of the church, and there is enough subject matter in the foreground to keep things interesting. Big Grin

Really like #3. Maybe a tighter crop the put the people in the lower right quadrant of the photo.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great images!

Looks like lovevly village

my favourite would be #3 just love the compositon.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Lovely shots of a lovely scenery, NN! Postcard pictures, really. This evening light is really something. I often find it difficult to time these evening shots, often I shoot to late and then everything has a red color cast. Well done!

Seeing these pictures, I think we really have to go to UK at least for a few days. Can you believe we've never been there? It's a shame with Ryan Air flying for the price of a bus fare. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Smile Thanks all, for your comments, which are greatly appreciated. I see what you mean Peto, regarding the alternative crop for no.3........interesting variant.

Guerito & Irma...If you do ever come to the UK and visit the Midlands (where we are), you must let us know as we'd love to meet up with you and show you around some of the places off the normal tourist track (and some of the better known ones).

--NN

Sorry NN but I do realize that you already have the people in a rules of thirds compisition. I was just thinking a little more into the rule. Just a touch. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great, sharp photos. I really get a sense of place.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DeltaHotel66
Sep 11, 2009, 14:02