Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A good afternoon

The wife is working, so needed something to do, with respect 1.5 ltrs Rioja a glass a bottle opener, canon 5d3 two speedlites job done, now just need be reasonably sensilbe when she gets home, equipment canon 100mm 2.8 L macro on 5d3 1/160 f6.3 ISO 100.

cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

RAW to the core.

First impression Eddie, is the wine glass straight, super shot though, would not say no to a glass, or two. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

It's a good composition, Eddy, but if the wine in the glass is all that was left, I can understand why the glass is out of focus! Smile However, I think it would have improved the image to have a longer depth of field (e.g. f/11 at ISO 400) and perhaps also to enhance the red of the wine.

Cheers! Smile
Philip

Focussing on the glass would probably have seen the bottle in focus too. Or perhaps focussing on the lettering to the right of the glass. Point of focus is all important. As Philip says, a bit of sparkle in the wine would have helped. Perhaps your well used torch might have helped. And one last thing. Polish the glass next time Smile

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Thanks for your comments guys, school boy errors, the glass was ploished but I then decided to drink form it before using it in the picture, hey ho.

RAW to the core.

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pavel
Aug 28, 2008, 12:23