Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A quick update

[Image: 530971163_RDuFF-L.jpg]

The engagement ring that I gave my (former) girlfriend two nights ago, shot with my D700 and 85mm pc-e lens.

Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Woooo congrats! How exciting! Have you set a date?

I'm assuming you took the photo before you gave it to her, as I can't see any woman taking her engagement ring off Tongue And congratulations. You're about to have a whole lot less time for photography!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

woooooooooo con grats!

Jules, it is exciting - I've been useless all week. (More than usual.) There's no firm date yet, but it'll be in a year or year-and-a-half - it depends on where we want to go on vacation.

RP, you're absolutely right - the photo above was shot around 3am after I got it, and then I took some more photos on Monday when she was at work. But there's no worries about enough time for photography; since I planned the engagement I've told Penny that she gets to plan the wedding. (I'm not sure that'll fly.)

Adam, thanks.

[Image: 528776704_MwR2d-L.jpg]

Funny - I thought my buying a Nikon would get the bigger reaction. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

A fiance AND a new camera....life just doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations, Matthew!

Regards.....Dennis

Congratulations and best wishes.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Ahaha yeah I was going to ask about the D700 but thought I'd better be politically correct... Big Grin

Oh! More baby pictures.........Watch this space Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congrats Matthew!

Dennis, you're absolutely right. The only odd thing is that I paid for both the camera and the ring... not sure how that works, but they're both worth it.

Don, thanks.

Jules, I think you meant to say "but my wife was nearby." Big Grin

NT, that's not gonna happen.

Rob, thanks.

Congratulations on both your acquisitions!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
Sep 12, 2005, 19:00
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 26, 2005, 21:20