Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A test of stamina.

I carried all day long my Ipod Touch, with a combined weight including case of around 150 grms, and left the camera at home.
Boy was I tired.
This was taken inside in rather dim lighting and it seems that the either the high ISO or low pixel count has imparted a bit of grain. /thus making a painted effect on a real door and violin, and a mannequin.

[Image: 14xpi4y.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Its worked quite nicely - I think the grain improves the photo.

Great photo and post processing - looks very vintage. I'd expect to see that in a children's book or something!

By the way, I thought ipod touches don't have cameras?

Thanks shuttertalk.
Not much PP. Maybe a bit of lightening.

Ipod touch ... The latest 4th gen ones have a camera,(back and front) but no where as good as the i-Phone one apparently. It also does HD movies which can be better than the photo's.
It is a strange little beasty, which starts up much quicker than my laptop and wakens from sleep instantly.
It has a bit of metering too. You can darken or lighten areas before pressing the shutter.
And some of the apps are very good. I have one called Planets. It shows star constellations and planets and updates without being on the net.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Rob. I was surprised with the end product.
It can take some terrible ones too. Rolleyes

A good workman always blames his tools Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Lovely - sometimes you can bag something beautiful simply because you have something with you to do it.

Canon stuff.

very arty!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

NT73 Wrote:Ipod touch ... The latest 4th gen ones have a camera,(back and front) but no where as good as the i-Phone one apparently. It also does HD movies which can be better than the photo's.
It is a strange little beasty, which starts up much quicker than my laptop and wakens from sleep instantly.
It has a bit of metering too. You can darken or lighten areas before pressing the shutter.
And some of the apps are very good. I have one called Planets. It shows star constellations and planets and updates without being on the net.
That's awesome! I must still be in the gadget dark ages. Big Grin

I think the iPod/iPhone implementation of the camera is very intuitive - I like how you can tap on the screen to get it to focus/meter at that location...

I like the photo, it has a very nice look to it.
(The skin tones freaked me out a little, but then saw that it's a mannequin.)

shuttertalk Wrote:I think the iPod/iPhone implementation of the camera is very intuitive - I like how you can tap on the screen to get it to focus/meter at that location...
The Panasonic GH2, GF2, and G2 all do that as well - and take the photo at the same moment. Convergence is great.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:I like the photo, it has a very nice look to it.
(The skin tones freaked me out a little, but then saw that it's a mannequin.)

shuttertalk Wrote:I think the iPod/iPhone implementation of the camera is very intuitive - I like how you can tap on the screen to get it to focus/meter at that location...
The Panasonic GH2, GF2, and G2 all do that as well - and take the photo at the same moment. Convergence is great.
Ah, but you can't get Safari by wi-fi on a GF2, or an address book or a book to read. Still it is horses for courses. I would not say it will ever beat a cheap P&S for taking photographs, but it will beat them hands down for viewing them. Wink (unless you plug the camera or card into another device.)

Lumix LX5.

Really good; excellent example of using a specific tool for a planned outcome, I'd say.
One doesn't often see someone working with the noise, as we're conditioned to abhor it; I find it liberating to "embrace the noise" for exactly the same purpose of adding a painterly texture at the "taking" level rather than later on with pp.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I love the story you are telling in this picture NT. I like a lot the texture and the light is beautiful as well.

I have been taking pictures with the G9 and I have a lot of noise. I have learned to like it... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, but it really was P&S with very little PP.
The whole thing was in a little doorway with steps to the left. A big floodlight at the bottom left lighting the girl/mannekin.
The only thing I did really was try to frame it and keep the ipod still. Smile

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Nov 15, 2013, 22:35