Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A tree

i was shooting yesterday lookin for fall colors , we are just turning colors so no fall colors yet . But i shot this one and kinda like it . please tell me what you think .

[Image: coldwaterweb.jpg]

thanks for looking ........... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like your idea very much Shawn but I think the tree needs to have more contrast... Since that is your subject I think the more detail you can give of it the better it looks... Smile

May I ask why you decided to remove the colors?... is this fog?...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great concept,Drake. This shot has real atmosphere.

I would tend to agree with Irma about the contrast - you are almost there with this one - a tiny bit more ppm and you have a winner!

I think this is a stunning capture with loads of potential. Shooting directly into the sun is always a challenge. Finding the right amount of contrast will be a matter of personal preference. I tend to like very contrasty images...
I couldn't resist having a play with the levels and contrast. I found using a couple of softly masked layers made it easier to get a bit more local contrast. I hope you don't mind the edit.

[Image: coldwaterweb2.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanks soooo much Irma , Toad , and Smarti, Big Grin

I will play a little bit more with the contrast , and see what i come up with .

Irma , i got rid of the color maily because i felt like it " lacked " color in the orig . I could prob get more color in the orig. shot but when i converted it i felt like it gave it a little bit more " feel " to it . Not sure if it makes it any " better " but i did like the results better .

Toad i am glad that you like it . not sure what you mean by " ppm " , i think the time change has messed my vocabulary up LOL .

Smarti I never mind anyone on this site playing with my shots . I really like what you did to it . Thanks for showing me what you mean . I did have a hard time with the sun ( had some flares to clean up ) . I m glad that you found this shot " stunning " thats a great compliment comin from you .Smile

....... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

ppm is a standard way of typing "pp" if you have fat fingers and can't type well to begin with and don't proof-read...

LMAO , gotcha

Big Grin Toad ur silly

Shawn, Love this shot, very moody and agree that it needs a little more contrast.

I like your edit smarti, but I think maybe you should maske the sky so as not to get that banding around the sun? I don't think the sky really needs more contrast- but that's my opinion.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

good stuff BD, I like this type of shot......Cool

Thanks Schell and Russt ,

I did some more editing , just some contrast . what yall think ?

[Image: coldwater%20013%20fixed%20web.jpg]

Thanks , Shawn

Much better Shawn.

Canon stuff.

That has it nailed, Drake. Well done

For future reference, if you use PhotoShop, the Shadow/Highlight tool under Image->Adjustment allows really precise control of contrast and light. I use that a lot for subtle touchups like this.

Thanks WS and Toad

I will try that next time Toad thanks for the advice . I am pleased with this shot . im glad that yall liked it Big Grin..

.... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 12, 2016, 06:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Nov 23, 2014, 07:46
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 18, 2013, 14:43