Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Abandoned Power Plant IR

Infrared photo from today:
[Image: cps.jpg]

Very strong image! Well done!

The sky looks like a crater on the moon, stood up vertically to create a backdrop.
It is very impressive.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The clouds make for a really strong shot, and that's a wild perspective for a 38mm-equivalent. The water tower makes the shot feel expansive.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Probably my last photo of the year that'll deserve printing.
Problem is cropping for 8x10", since this is the full frame and there's nothing I want to omit.
I'll probably not crop it and see what the printer spits out--extra white border I hope.

Was working on my portfolio yesterday and came to the conclusion that I want to print 18 more for it, many shot since September.
It's been a good year, and finally getting this shot makes a nice conclusion.

I've been eyeing the power plant for years, waiting for conditions of light and sky to be special.
Previous experience told me that wispy high clouds like this come out very nicely in IR, and a reconnaisance recently showed me a route to get into this position after a hike along the river.
Yesterday it all came together.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Aug 31, 2017, 15:04
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 19, 2017, 14:33