Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Abandoned

I took this one in an old abandoned orphenage (or something along these lines). It was a huge building and really creepy. I took a bunch of photos but so far I'm only pleased with this one. Opinions? Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

For some reason, I am intrigued by older buildings. I think they show history that has once taken place. You are also welcome to share some of the other photos, even if they are not "perfect" for you. We love to see and offer comments on them...that is what we are here for!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Do you have a shot of this photo in horizontal plane? This tend to lead any subject to the doorway although this time no subject. Mimic like the old photos we have shooting them in horizontal plance just to get the feeling of it's years built and not the feeling of being destroyed. Somehow you did bring up the texture of the building.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

This is also a nice one. Do you know the project on Romanias orphanages by James Nachwey? Here's the story http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/24/magazi...tml?src=pm
And Visit James Nachtwey website.
Some of them are quite disturbing.

@PhotoPlay: I do have some horizontal photos of this, but they're not so good. The lighting was tricky - lots of light in the room I was in, basically nothing in the next room, those photos didn't come out so good.

@Vlad: yeah, I think everybody heard about that at the time. Thankfully, my building wasn't full of children...

I really like this one. And, as you say, it is sort of "creepy". The image itself tells a tale (or many) and is very thought provoking. Obviously not something you'd hang on a wall but you've got a real story going on in this image. So many questions that can probably never be answered - real conversation starter.

Well spotted. There is a lot more detail in the image that can be brought out PP, even with just a few basic tweaks to lighting/shadows and contrast. There is detail from within the building, through the doorway, that if it was brought out would entice the viewer to want to enter. If you have access to a plug in such as Topaz Adjust, I think that a very striking image could be brought out without a lot of work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post