Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Agricultural duo

It's that time again.
One (almost obligatory) haybale roll shot at 1/250s, f9...and a deceptive second one: this old Massey Ferguson tractor is permanently parked in this person's back garden ( 1/125s, f5.6); both taken with the 21mm.

[Image: 2386-hayroll_ST.jpg]

[Image: 2442bw2.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Hi dear Zig, these are so impressive and just a few minutes ago I was saying that Black and White is my favurite in another thread, Smile
I loved them... What a beautiful time now on these fields... you captured so nicely. But just a little contrast for the second one, as if would be better, but maybe because of my screen it seems like that.

Thank you dear Zig,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Bloody Hell - Zig - these are absolute crackers! (Do I have the British terminology right, here?) I particularly like the Tri-X look of #1. That 21mm sure does a nice job.

Many thanks! Nia, yes, I wondered this too..but as it was a high contrast scene anyway, I had to lower the contrast so as to keep in as much detail as possible.
Your Britspeak is just fine (dear Robert Wink Big Grin ) Actually I was playing with an IR-type conversion in Black and White Studio, but it didn't "go" when taken down to web resolution, so I went back to colour, whacked up the blue saturation to weapons-grade, then came back and D+B'd the sky till it went post-apocalyptic..
...as an aside, i find these pseudo-IR conversions a bit naff, as they never quite hit the greens or do the halation.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08