Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Airliner

My first attempt at taking a picture of an airliner in flight, not the best of conditions, it was an overcast morning with a light fog.

[Image: normal_plane%20-%2001.jpg]

And link to larger image:- Here

Hey, nice shot, Craig! I think the plane is slightly dark -- perhaps you can selectively isolate and lighten the plane? Other than that, it looks good! Big Grin

Thanks, the plane has already been lightened quite a bit... the odd thing is the red cast to the sky... the file on my computer doesn't have it! I even emailed the file to work to check the monitor there and it was fine... very strange.

At least - the pink hue in the sky looks good... Big Grin

EnglishBob Wrote:Thanks, the plane has already been lightened quite a bit... the odd thing is the red cast to the sky... the file on my computer doesn't have it! I even emailed the file to work to check the monitor there and it was fine... very strange.

Are you using a LCD screen perhaps? I see pretty wierd colour differences sometimes between my laptop and PC Big Grin

Sad Red X is all I can see, and the link doesn't bring up a picture.

image>adjustments>shadow/highlights then image>adjustments>replace colour
Took all of 20 seconds.

[Image: Plane.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I see it now. Yep, that shadow/highlight tool is a real gem!
But I thought the original pink sky was kinda interesting.

Your picture is beautiful Bob. What I like the most is the reflection in the tip of the aircraft, it gives a very nice touch. Sorry, if my comment is not in profesional terms, but I also wanted to say that I like your picture Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma: Thank You Smile I am going to wait for nicer weather and go back and try the same pictures early morning and then sunset, hopefully with a blue sky!!

Petographer: Thanks for the tip, quick fix applied now Smile

EnglishBob Wrote:Irma: Thank You Smile I am going to wait for nicer weather and go back and try the same pictures early morning and then sunset, hopefully with a blue sky!!

Petographer: Thanks for the tip, quick fix applied now Smile

Hey, no problem and don't get the idea I didn't like it the way it was. The pink sky gave me the impression there was a sunset or sunrise. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

It probably was sunrise... throgh the fog at least! Was pretty early I think.