Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

All you rockers...!

As some of you are aware, playing/recording rock/blues/worship music is my main thang. This sort of "hobby"( I justify it by calling it a "vocation") is, like all others I guess, typified by want rather than need. Thankfully my wife-to-be also believes I should be sowing into this area rather than it being a childish thing to put away once I'm married(bless'er!)
The other day I was blessed to be able to buy the most gorgeous guitar, a new deluxe stratocaster; it is the perfect complement to my very vintage-y Japanese 1968 reissue strat...and I was not prepared to be bereaved of any of my others in order to acquire it. This baby thus joins my PRS Custom24, Gibson Les Paul Standard(2002), 1979 Yamaha SG2000, Status Graphite 5-string bass and a couple of others.
For those liking such candy, here's a "promo"-type pic I took today of the pair of strats: on-camera flash, nothing fancy, not even in proper focus as I couldn't be bothered with the tripod; I used a soft black brush to cover any extraneous detail. Something like f2.8 with the 50mm at ASA200.

[Image: both%20strats_named%20copyWEB.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Congrats on the new acquisition. Your Japanese Strat looks like it has had a lot of use over the years - I expect that the new one will see at least as much...

Nice!
You know, I have never owned a Strat.
All my years playing an Ibanez Artist (1977!) have gotten my hands used to the slightly shorter scale, so the 25.5" Strat scale seems too big.
1st guitar was a Fender Mustang, and I also owned a 1962 Precision Bass for a few years.
I want a Jazz bass now--never played bass professionally and would like to join a band on bass instead of guitar for a change.

Congrats on your new axe.

Yes Toad, that's my Old Faithful for church worship and small gigs...a couple of my guitars have never had a live outing and go "straight to CD"; Keith, I've over the last few years played a 70s Artist twice: one of the easiest to play and most gorgeous-sounding guitars ever, IMO. Their reissue is not a patch on the original; those pickups are so warm and organic..I gather they're quite rightly highly sought after...good for you my man!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

wowow.... nice looking strat!
Now you've got the PRS Custom 24, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat - that's completeness! What more could you want! hoho!

I'm sort of glad I went digital though, I know the sound isn't exactly the same, but good enough for me, and my money stays with me for longer Big Grin hehe, but I still enjoy looking at gear Big Grin