Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An Inspiration by Ansel Adams

I am a fan of Ansel Adams and I was inspired by his shot of Rose on Driftwood.
This is my interpretation of that shot.
[Image: pIvyU6v.jpg]

Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.

Ansel Adams

Hi John,
As a relative newbie to the art of making a photograph I am somewhat reticent on posting comments on the work of others.
However, I find this shot more than appealing....... its great. Black + White seems so apt.
Would you give some Exif info to assist the learning curve of folks like me ?
Regards, Mike.

(Aug 15, 2015, 06:29)Browser Mike Wrote:  Hi John,
As a relative newbie to the art of making a photograph I am somewhat reticent on posting comments on the work of others.
However, I find this shot more than appealing....... its great. Black + White seems so apt.
Would you give some Exif info to assist the learning curve of folks like me ?
Regards, Mike.

Thank you Mike
Exif, Canon 5D MkIII
Canon 50mm 1.8 II
F/11
1/125
ISO 100
Date 31-08-2013

Regards

John

Ansel Adams

Great work John, I love Ansel Adams work too, living near Yosemite National Park it's hard not to be inspired by him.

(Aug 15, 2015, 08:47)EnglishBob Wrote:  Great work John, I love Ansel Adams work too, living near Yosemite National Park it's hard not to be inspired by him.
Thanks Craig, you are a lucky man to be able to go where he has been, seeing what he has seen.

Cheers
John

Ansel Adams

Excellent, have you a coloured version. Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 15, 2015, 10:00)EdMak Wrote:  Excellent, have you a coloured version. Ed.

Sorry no,

John

Ansel Adams

(Aug 15, 2015, 09:52)zeke Wrote:  Thanks Craig, you are a lucky man to be able to go where he has been, seeing what he has seen.

Cheers
John

I've had a fun few attempts at re-creating some of his shots of Yosemite Valley, Bridal Veil falls and Half Dome. Nothing even remotely close LOL. That said, after reading about him and his work and watching documentaries of people that worked with him, a LOT of his image was created in the dark room. I did recently see some commentary that for a lot of the Yosemite Valley shots he used a deep red filter on the camera, might have to try one!

(Aug 16, 2015, 09:33)EnglishBob Wrote:  
(Aug 15, 2015, 09:52)zeke Wrote:  Thanks Craig, you are a lucky man to be able to go where he has been, seeing what he has seen.

Cheers
John

I've had a fun few attempts at re-creating some of his shots of Yosemite Valley, Bridal Veil falls and Half Dome. Nothing even remotely close LOL. That said, after reading about him and his work and watching documentaries of people that worked with him, a LOT of his image was created in the dark room. I did recently see some commentary that for a lot of the Yosemite Valley shots he used a deep red filter on the camera, might have to try one!
I too have read that he did a lot in his darkroom, as for the deep red filters, I suspect they may have been Infrared filters, I have had a go at infrared, I have a Canon PowerShot SX150 14.1mp which has been modified for IR so it can be used just like a normal camera, ie. no need for filters, will dig some out.

Cheers
John

Ansel Adams

Is that a B & W setting in camera, and, post processed. Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 16, 2015, 14:22)EdMak Wrote:  Is that a B & W setting in camera, and, post processed. Ed.
Yes it is,

Cheers
John

Ansel Adams

wonderful lighting on the flower and wood. b&w is definitely the way to go on this shot.

(Aug 16, 2015, 20:17)cuilin Wrote:  wonderful lighting on the flower and wood. b&w is definitely the way to go on this shot.

Thank you very much.

John

Ansel Adams

That is a superb composition - well done !

John

(Aug 17, 2015, 11:10)Vanisle John Wrote:  That is a superb composition - well done !

John

Thank you very much

John

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by lschmekel
Nov 17, 2004, 06:31