Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ancient Bristle Cone Pine

Braved a winter storm (it was late arriving and missed winter by a few weeks!) and drove upto 8500' to shoot some Bristlecone Pines.... the rain we were expecting turned into a heavy snow shower.

Canon 7DII, ISO 100, 15mm, F9, 4 Image HDR, 1/50th to 1/800th.

Pity is is not, Stand Alone, worth editing? Ed.

To each his own!

Nice clear image and great foreground and background. Like Ed I can also see it as a lone pine. I wonder how old it is; I believe they can survive into the thousands of years.

Photography is a never-ending journey

There isn't a single angle you can isolate it from, I may clear up the back ground at some point, but the clouds don't make it easy to get a realistic final product.

Thanks for the comments.

A starter? I have a more "exoctic" variation, worth some effort. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

I like your photo, Bob. I think the ominous clouds are great, and the rest has a kind of slightly desaturated look, which seems to me to suit the mood and conditions. The grey foreground rocks add to the effect. If it were mine, the only significant change I would try is to straighten the tree on the left, even if it was leaning in the actual scene!

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks Phillip, the session was cut short when the clouds started dumping snow on me... and I hadn't put chains in the car.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 30, 2015, 18:34