Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another ADI refugee arrives...

Hey all:

I'm Toad - another refugee from ADI along with Polly, Rufus, Jericho, etc.

Nice to be here - I tend to be a regular poster - for good or bad.

Talk to you soon.

Best
T

Hey Toad... welcome to Shuttertalk! More than happy to have you here Big Grin

Well, make yourself at home and feel free to post away... everyone here is nice and friendly.. except maybe Rufus when he has the mank (just kididng) Big Grin

Greetings and smashing to see you again T!!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Hey Toad ..
Nice to meet ya!

So tell us more about yourself, Toad... what do you shoot, equipment, etc.? Big Grin

Hi Toad! Great to have you on board! Smile

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Thank you all for the nice warm welcome. I have been a photographer for a long time and currently use 3 cameras:

- my pocket picnic portable Canon S40
- a Konica Minolta A2
- Nikon F100 film SLR.

Recently I have been using the F100 for my serious work, because I am trying to earn some money shooting stock and transparencies are the format of choice.

I shoot a great variety of subjects, but why take my word for it....

Here is a link to my galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/willdabeest

Best
T

Hey just had a look at your gallery... the images are awesome! I love 'the dark side' and 'experiments'...

How was the photo of the fokker triplane taken?

ah yes....the Fokker. That is one of my "fantasy" photos and is a combination of five photos from my files. The Fokker is a real plane and was sitting on the ground in a hangar in Midland, Texas. The sky was taken over my home in Vancouver. The pilot is the catcher on my son's softball team (wearing mask). His scarf is a snippet of the Canadian flag, and the plane spiraling out of control was a stunt plane taken at an airshow.

I added some raidial blur on the propeller, and some motion blur on the air behind the Triplane. I was rteally happy with the result.

Thanks for the kind words.

Toad Wrote:Hey all:

I'm Toad - another refugee from ADI along with Polly, Rufus, Jericho, etc.

Nice to be here - I tend to be a regular poster - for good or bad.

Talk to you soon.

Best
T

Wahey! It's great to see you here, Toad Smile

Polly

Toad Wrote:ah yes....the Fokker. That is one of my "fantasy" photos and is a combination of five photos from my files. The Fokker is a real plane and was sitting on the ground in a hangar in Midland, Texas. The sky was taken over my home in Vancouver. The pilot is the catcher on my son's softball team (wearing mask). His scarf is a snippet of the Canadian flag, and the plane spiraling out of control was a stunt plane taken at an airshow.

Aaah... it was fake? Heheh... nice job Big Grin

Toad man!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cave canem

Hey Mr Toad, I see you have a K-M A2.

What do you think of the idea of this new DSLR? How do you feel about the point Dewy makes here:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=430

Cave canem

Hey Ruf and Polly - nice to see you people (and dogs).

Well - I don't really agree with Dewey's concern. It is the photographer that makes the photo and not the equipment. My best stuff so far has been done with my S40 - hardly a pro camera. Hmm - I suppose that is actually an agreement and not a disagreement.

Still - the barrier to being a pro should be talent and not the cost of equipment - right?

I read somewhere a point by you as well that the "average" photographer only needs image stabilization in 5% of photos. That depends. I tend to shoot at ISO 50 and 64 - so I use it a LOT more than 5%. I think that feature is the best thing since sliced bread - and even if you don't use it much - it saves carrying a tripod everywhere when lighting is not ideal.

Mr Toad!

Since when have you been average?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cave canem

But if I practice a lot, I may be average one day.... Wink

Toad Wrote:I read somewhere a point by you as well that the "average" photographer only needs image stabilization in 5% of photos. That depends. I tend to shoot at ISO 50 and 64 - so I use it a LOT more than 5%. I think that feature is the best thing since sliced bread - and even if you don't use it much - it saves carrying a tripod everywhere when lighting is not ideal.

Do you have IS (or AS in minolta speak) on all the time? Or only when you need it?

I use it all of the time - no reason not to (except for "slightly" reduced battery life).

Oh look! It's a Toad to play with. That darned wirehaired dog best behave though. I have big claws. Wink

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

G'day Petographer... welcome to Shuttertalk! Gee... we all really have a thing for animals don't we?

shuttertalk Wrote:G'day Petographer... welcome to Shuttertalk! Gee... we all really have a thing for animals don't we?
Thanks shutter. Yes it seems we do. Note the user name I use. Smile Animals will be posted. Big Grin

My flickr images

That's you isnt it Slej?

It's you and that festerin' robot again.

AmI right???

Cave canem

Petographer Wrote:Animals will be posted. Big Grin

Lol... post away... err pictures of, that is... Big Grin

Rufus Wrote:That's you isnt it Slej?

It's you and that festerin' robot again.

AmI right???

Wrong! Big Grin The list of names shouldn't be too long. Wink

My flickr images

OK, so it's Mr Conk then?? Maybe? Perhaps? Possibly? Rolleyes

Cave canem