Sorry for being a n00b but what is ADI?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

dewy Wrote:Sorry for being a n00b but what is ADI?

You're not a n00b .... it's not something you'd be expected to know.

ADI was the abbreviation for a message board and image galleries which were at www.adimaging.com. It was closed down, without warning, a few weeks ago.

Polly

Ok, damb, try to get as many of the old adi folk to come over here then =), we won't shut down with out notice, I hope =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Ahaarr, me hearties! I'm back again!

Now then Dewy, why are you calling Pol "Damb." What does it mean?
Is it
"Definately
A
Marvellous
Beauty?"

OR

"Dung
And
Mud
Bullet?"

Or

Something else?

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Ahaarr, me hearties! I'm back again!

Or

Something else?

Or

Dog
Ate
My
Biscuit

Pol

Definitely
Another
Mongrel
Barker

Hah.

You're not so special either!!! :x

You wanna fight?

Choke chains at dawn?

Hang on, who IS this Dawn person anyway? Rolleyes

Cave canem

Dawn Fraser, she was an olympic swimmer. She needs a choke chain on her, always saw her as a bit feral. Either that or it could be Dawn French, she's a bit feral as well Wink

*ruffles Rufus' fur*

Hi all, another ADI expatriate Big Grin . Great to see the familiar faces, Rufus, Polly, Toad, Colin, Mitch, Jamie and many more who seem friendly.

Regards,
peter

D70

Hey pappy, welcome to shuttertalk! Great of you to come along... feel free to join in the fun! Big Grin

Hey Peter:

The whole gang is here (almost). Haven't seen Don Schaeffer or Matthew Saville yet. Welcome aboard.

Toad

Toad Wrote:Hey Peter:

The whole gang is here (almost). Haven't seen Don Schaeffer or Matthew Saville yet. Welcome aboard.

Toad
Hmmm. I'll have to se if I have an e-mail for Matty. It's possible.
Glad you made it Peter. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

pappy Wrote:Hi all, another ADI expatriate Big Grin . Great to see the familiar faces, Rufus, Polly, Toad, Colin, Mitch, Jamie and many more who seem friendly.

Hi there Pappy! It's wonderful to see you again! Smile

Polly

AAaaarrrrrooooooooOO!!

Big Grin

Cave canem

Toad Wrote:Hey Peter:

Toad

I just did a search and found Don's homepage which includes links to his various galleries but no email addy. I couldn't click on any of his email links on the various message boards either as they're all "private" or for registered members only.

However - it may be possible to work out his email addy by using the 'username' and ISP in the url of his homepage ..... it's a Canadian ISP and here's his url
http://members.shaw.ca/dsschaeffer/

Maybe you or Colin can work out the email addy from that info? I spotted another of his pix on a Poetry site too ..... so no doubt that would have given him some pleasure Smile

Polly

Don's arrived. Smile

He just started a new thread entitled "Glad to have found you guys" in General talk.

Polly

Welcome Pappy! Good to see you here.

Colin, you might find Matt at OE; I think I saw a recent post there.

Lol... sounds like a missing persons investigation. Maybe post his photo on a milk carton... Big Grin

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Shuttertalk and it's great to "see" all of the others. I have no idea re Don.

Regards,
peter

D70

Hi Pappy. I remember you from ADI. I'm the guy from Winnipeg Canada who always brags about the cold.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey, if it isn't the bus rider. Big Grin Good to see your post Don. Smile
Ok then. The search is on for Matty.

My flickr images

Ok, thanks to Mitch and letting me know where he's haning out, an e-mail has been sent to Mathew Saville. Expect to see him soon. Also I managed to get an e-mail off to Aric and see if he can supply me with a list of the most active members from ADI. It just seems like there are still a few missing here.

My flickr images

Wow!! Great to see you Don and Peter.

Soon we will have a sweep of the old ADI guys!!

I've seen it!!! Matthew Saville on the member list! That's a sweep then!

I just saw Matty as the latest rgistered member at the bottom of the page. Just a matter of time for his post. Smile

My flickr images