Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another day in the mountains.

A couple of images from today's mountain drive.

[Image: Merced_River_Rapids.jpg]

[Image: Tarantula.jpg]

[Image: yosemite_fawn.jpg]

#1 is stunning. All great captures.

Lovely work. As it is in the critique section:

1) Need to open up the shadows a little and warm it up. Shame about the grass stuff in the bottom left corner - bit distracting.

2) Touch overexposed.

3) Maybe just try to open up the shadow on the left side of the face a little.

Canon stuff.

Thanks for the feed back, warming up #1 would be a lie.... it was 39 degrees in the shade of the valley today! The sun on #3 was still low 40's.

I worked the first river image from the jpg file (as I nearly always do), I have revisited it and worked it from the raw file, what do you think?

[Image: Merced%20River%20from%20Raw0001.jpg]

I like the first one - the second take has made the photo lose its *pop*.

Glad it's not just me, the shadows are darker in teh first one, but I Iike the feel more.

Hi Craig...

I see in both very different mood and I like both because each version has many things to admire.

#1 first version. It is great I like a lot the color and the contrast, I see it cold and dramatic, I love the blue on it... I like very much the way you framed it.. I also admire the smooth of the water and I like it much because it gives light and movement to a rocky landscape....

#1 second version. This to me is a more relaxed version, I find it pleasant, with much light and excellent contrast, great work with the midtones. I see in this one a lot more detail... in the first version the grass is not so apparent, in the other one adds a lot to the composition and colors....

#2 Scarry... Wink

#3 Very sweet... just because I love the shadow of the three grass in her face I would clean the rest .. but on the other hand it is a lot of work and maybe the sense of wild photography is gone....

Thanks for sharing...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for the Feed back Irma. I have shots of the fawn with out the grass, just like that one more.

Hi Craig - I think half way in between the two shots would be a happy compromise.

Canon stuff.

I agree with Chris, can be half way in between the two shots... But yes, these are all so nice photographs, well captured, especially the last one fascinated me.

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Bah! Half-way is half-way to nothing. Decide what you want to say and go for it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 19, 2013, 15:02