Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ansel Adam's I'm Not.

Millions take this picture each year, the most memorable being Ansel Adam's.

[Image: normal_Yosemite%20-%202004-05-18%2013-53-06.jpg]

Wow! Where is it?

Ansel Adams or not, the picture is stunning! Well done! Smile

That's Yosemite Valley, In Yosemite National Park, California. I am blessed to live 2 hours south of there, I go up as often as possible. The waterfall on the right is Bridal Veil Falls.

I dunno Craig, you look a bit like him actually Wink

Gorgeous shot though, got any close ups of the falls?

No good close ups, plan on getting some on my next trip, though the water doesn't start to really flow until the thaw in March/April. And FYI.... my colleagues saw my avatar and said I looked more like Alfred Hitchcock!

[Image: normal_bridal%20veil%2002.jpg]

[Image: normal_bridal%20veil%2001.jpg]

The image he's referring to is quite possibly the most famous landscape photograph in the world, Ansel's shot of litereally this exact same scene, but back in 1944:

[Image: ica21.jpg]

Now Englishg bob, is that ice on the edge of bridal veil? Very nice. I hear you can take moonlit shots when it's clear and full with a lunar rainbow! How cool would that be?

Looks like you also got a little bit of a forest fire there, in that first shot. Were you there when the glacier point controlled fire got out of control? The smoke from that one (back this July) could be seen for miles...

[Image: 11406347-O.jpg]

I was climbing halfdome then and we almost got trapped in little Yosemite Valley! Made for a spectacular sunset though...

[Image: 9440446-O.jpg]

"It's not what you look at, it's what you see..."
http://www.matthewsaville.com

Looks like the trees haven't grown that much in 60 years Tongue

Ansel Adams had a lot more time to wait. It's the clouds and the drama that make the difference.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I was working during the Glacier point fire unfortunately, though I did get to taste the smoke even down here in fresno. And Yes, that is ice on Bridal Veil, was taken last december I think.

And the Adams Print you posted is hanging on the wall behind me as I type. Smile

Sorry - couldn't resist...

Here is Craig's photo - Anseled up a little bit...

[Image: 10_test.jpg]

I like it Smile I'm getting the itch to dig out my tire chains and head up there this week-end!

Magnificant Bob! You are blessed to live so close to such an awe inspiring location. Now, if I could just get some mountains and snow in the Everglades....

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by zeke
Aug 17, 2015, 11:20
Last Post by Pat
Jul 6, 2007, 22:12