Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antik

I worked with this picture inspired by Toad's post processing...

[Image: DSC_5875-01antik.jpg]

I hope the detail can be appreciated in this size...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice - love the POV and the processing - sharp and clean with a hint of the surreal...

Thanks Toad... Smile

Paul Cezanne

The more I look at this, the more it looks like my processing. Please tell me what you did - maybe I can learn from it as well...

Neat find Irma, I would of turned this onto B&W with some sepia or old-age effect...

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks Janika for the advice... You have a good point here... I think it would be interesting to try Smile

Toad... Here is the link to the tutorial... I download the action and I worked with it... the strong effect gives me some kind of grid in the picture so I worked with the mild effect. It does the same but not that strong... I also tried to do it myself step by step, but it didn't work the same...

I am sure you will understand better this action/technique... It is the first time I work with the diffuse filter so maybe I need a bit of learning...

Paul Cezanne

When I saw this the first thing that came to mind was Toad inspired. Well done Irma.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Irma, good shot and pp

Have to agree with Peto.......if you didn't say I would have thought similar to Toads work

thanks for the link too

Looks good Irma - I know that I should work harder on my pp

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

This post processing is very interesting. You used a 'plastic doll face' tutorial on bricks and galss yet they still look very realistic! Thanks for the link to the tutorials. I like the look of the 'unfinished painting' tutorial also.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

You are welcome... I am happy you found the site interesting... I think it offers nice things to try... Smile

Thanks for your comments Smile

Paul Cezanne

I really like this too - everything works well except for the white patches on the bricks in the top left corner (just a little distracting).

Sorry - I know this is not in the critique section.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris for your comment ... Smile

Any criticism on my picture is always very welcome Smile

Paul Cezanne

Great graphic arts quality. It's dizzying - I feel like I'm falling toward the broken window even as it's falling out of the frame. Cool idea to use that processing technique. You out-Toaded Toad!

Thanks Mitch... Smile

I am very happy you like it...

I have to say that G took a time to understand my composition... When he saw it first time he said that the picture looked as if I had taken it by accident while I slipped .... Then he liked when he saw it with this post processing...

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:I have to say that G took a time to understand my composition...
LOL - he needs to read more comic books. This is like something by Frank Miller. (Sin City, Dark Knight, etc.) Just needs some blood, ha ha!

Pat,

I worked with this action long ago in this picture. I liked the effect. I didn't posted it because of the perspective I think it is not right. But just to see how it looks in buildings when you have the full size image... The link is in the post #6 of this thread... Smile

[Image: P1150648.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

hmmm, somehow odd... sorry, I seem to be the only one who cannot quite get used to this look.
In your Antik picture, the brick wall looks too flat to me, like it was a plastic imitate of an actual wall, which kind of fits with the "doll face" name of the processing (?)...

I think it's a little to weird for me......

Uli

Uli,
Thanks so much for your opinion in this one, always appreciated ... Wink

Paul Cezanne

You know I love most of you pics!! Smile