Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arboretum

Arboretum = a place of trees.
This one is 85 acres in North Yorkshire. Thorpe Perrow near Bedale (James Herriot country) is a glorious place.
With a small animal section and birds of prey.

[Image: TP7.jpg]
The house and lake.

[Image: TP8.jpg]
Red Oak Avenue.

[Image: TP6.jpg]
Meercat at animal section

[Image: TP3.jpg]
Owl's about that.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The shot of the house and lake is beautiful. A fine pose from the Meerkat. They’re such funny little creatures. And very nice work on the close-up of the owl.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Thanks Aine. The owl flew from the handler to the seat next to me, but I need between 1-2 metres for the Tamron to focus and the little divil was nearer. So I had to gallop around the arena as it went to different areas.:/ Still its fun.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very beautiful place NT. The gardens look beautiful...

I also like a lot your close up of the owl...

Sometimes it happens to us that the falconer comes closer to show us the bird for a picture but he comes so close that you just can't get the picture.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice shots NT,

I particularly like the composition in ROA.

Uli

Thanks Irma and Uli.

Red oak ave.
I wanted the flowers in but they were not really where I wanted them.
You can't go replanting them .Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Yes - the second shot is so beautiful ( I can just see a bride and groom walking along there Smile)

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Jun 12, 2013, 13:48