Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #88: Digital Art

[O]ne can proudly say that these photographers have broken the tradition of the artificial reproduction of nature. They have freed themselves from photography.
- Karl Voll, 1867 – 1917

Digital photography has had a tough childhood. As with the origin of photography over a hundred years ago, it's had to be accepted by those who have set the terms of what "art" is. The Pictorialists used their cameras to emulate paintings, and digital photographers can be equally concerned with staying true to their technological predecessors.

But the start of a new technology never knows where it will end up. For this assignment, let's look at what's possible when we stop trying to create a literal view of the world. Be creative, experiment, and show us your favourites here.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I haven't posted much lately - but here is some recent digital art: "Lucy at the Factory"

[Image: Lucy%20at%20the%20Factory.jpg]

Picasso Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very beautiful work Toad.
I was missing already seeing your art!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

[Image: trip%20-%202008%20-%20006.jpg]

Well as i had my gall bladder removed yesterday and i am stranded in the house while I recover I thought I would revisit this challenge.

[Image: snow%20globe.jpg]

Reworked it a little more.

[Image: snow%20globe%201.jpg]

And Again.

[Image: 46_snow%20globe%202.jpg]

Someone once said that you should never present a client with two different versions of a photograph, because then they'll ask for a third that falls between the two. My personal preference is for #2, but I'd like to see it without (or will less of) the yellow gradient. White might be all you need. It's a great idea, and I'm glad that you came back to this assignment with it.

I'm happy to hear that your surgery went well, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I know what you mean, I have about 30 of these puppies sat on my hard drive now, and can't decide which I like best.

Had to give it one more go.

[Image: Snow%20Globe%20Blue%20Sky.jpg]

Quote> Well as i had my gall bladder removed yesterday< Unquote

I don't know how you have the gall to tell us. Big Grin Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and I like the last one best.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT.