Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #89: The Cut

A photographer needs to be a good editor of negatives and prints! ... I find the single most valuable tool in the darkroom is my trash can - that's where most of my prints end up.
- John Sexton

With the end of 2008, this is a great time to look back and reflect on all of the varied and excellent work that we've done. Series, assignments, challenges, clients, personal projects or simply shooting for fun, there's always a lot of material to work with and plenty to choose from when looking back at our favourite photos from 2008.

But for this assignment, you must select only one.

Being an effective editor is an important part of mastering photography. Making hard choices is the key to effective series, portfolios, and websites. For this assignment, pick your single best image from 2008 and share it here. You can use whatever criteria you like to decide which one your best is, but you must narrow it down to only one.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think I can honestly say that I didn't do one thing this year that makes the cut in my opinion. I went over my photos, and there were whole months when I didn't do anything - sometimes I did a rework on something old. There's a New Year resolution in the making...

Well, I think my personal favorite and the one I rate "best for 2008" was one of the last ones I took, and with the New camera on the first day out.

[Image: Yosemite%20Valley%20001.jpg]

This one would have to be my favourite, didn't take anyother good pictures at all, so easy choice Big Grin
[Image: 3127900852_eaf0f2790f_b.jpg]

2008 was a very difficult year for me personally, so I'm really looking forward to things improving in 2009.
I didn't shoot as much of my own stuff as I would've liked, but I did shoot more paid work than I have previously which was good.

I think this shot was my favourite for the year.
I am close friends with all three of the ladies in this shot (We all went to Uni together and I've lived in share-houses with all of them at one time or another) so this is my favourite more for sentimental reasons than aesthetic.

[Image: AB_B8581-Edit_ST.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26