Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aurora

Had a bit of colour over the skies... had to drive to Cochrane just outside of Calgary to have any chance of a dark sky... even so, many ranches, and aircraft lights.

I have had to tidy up some super heated pixels but other than that they are as shot.
Originals are around the 20Mb size and these now less than 100Kb so the data loss will make the images much less defined. There is noise though... 800 ASA and long exposure - it will happen.
I'm sure there is something that can be done with them, but I took the shots as records rather than fine art!Big Grin
Details

Canon 1Ds Mk 3
Canon 16-36 F2.8L Mk2
ISO 800
F2.8
22 secs or there abouts...

I hope for better displays when I can get back into the mountains...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Geat series, seeing this is on my bucket list.

(Apr 30, 2015, 13:22)EnglishBob Wrote:  Geat series, seeing this is on my bucket list.

Road trip? Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Oh so beautiful. I so want to see these, I am planning a retirement cruise in a few years time and can't wait. Shots to be proud of Smile

Regards Jane

A spectacular showing and very pleasing photos! Regards, Jeff

[quote='snaphappy' pid='101311' dateline='1430430381']
Oh so beautiful. I so want to see these, I am planning a retirement cruise in a few years time and can't wait. Shots to be proud of Smile

Regards Jane

Thank you Jane... I hope you see the Aurora... I saw them best of all in northern Norway but here is good too...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(May 7, 2015, 12:01)Freeman Wrote:  A spectacular showing and very pleasing photos! Regards, Jeff

Thank you Jeff

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson