Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Australia v Usa

Thought this would be interesting for all the Americans out there who think Australia is some tiny pacific island Tongue

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djp72/89437487/

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

hahaha nice Smile

I guess we won't talk about how Canada is much larger than either. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thats intersting , i never knew . I have no problems with the size of countries at all . To be honest i have always wanted to go to Australia .

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Wow, I never thought of Australia as a tiny island. Some people just don’t know their geography. I’ve always wanted to go there too. My ex-mother-in-law is from Australia…. but I don’t hold that against the rest of the country. Wink Actually, the rest of her side of the family are quite charming, and my daughter seems to have inherited that lovely Aussie spirit.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Australians are exactly like Texans in so many ways that whenever I meet them we get along very well before falling over drunk.
And we have no trouble with our accents after watching each other's movies so many times.
Mad Max would have done us proud at the Alamo.

There are even geographical similarities--long distances between beautiful modern cities covered by boring highways, deserts and tropical climate zones and sunny beaches with long coral reefs, small mountains, Enchanted Rock/Ayers Rock, plus native populations that should be treated better, cowboy hats, oceans of beer, pretty women, crazy pickup trucks, too many poisonous snakes, the list goes on and on.
I would feel right at home over there.

Yeah, I really didn't notice any major cultural differences at all when i was in Seattle... except for tipping.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Oct 17, 2006, 15:58