Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Autumn Colour

Blueberry - Vaccinium spcs

[Image: Blueberry.jpg]

No exif data available

Photography is a never-ending journey

Can feel the texture Peter!! Well laid out. Ed.

To each his own!

Nice shot. Delicate color.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

The blueberry pie made from the fruits of just two bushes was nice Smile

Here in the UK we don't grow them commercially as extensively as in the states; nor are they commonly grown in the garden, but in my view, given a good summer, a well grown bush can produce a worthwhile weight of fruits. They even make a useful container shrub to have on a sunny patio.

[Image: Blueberry-2.jpg]

That is awesome to hear! What type of blueberry plant do you have?

I love blueberries, but have never tried to grow them. I will one day learn to make blueberry jam. I also love the flavor of blueberry syrup on pancakes - yum!

I know there are three types of plants - low bush, high bush, and hybrid half high. I am not sure if the flavor is similar for each of these types of blueberry plants.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Sorry, I can't help you Barbara. The plant in the image is in my daughter's garden and I don't know what variety it is. I have not experience in the actual cultivation of blueberries.

As the natural order is Ericaceae they are calcifuge plants and should preferably be grown in alkaline free soils. A pH of 4.5-5.6 would be fine. Also they prefer a constantly moist soil (but not waterlogged) and should not be allowed to dry out.
I'm sure there will be varieties to purchase in America that we don't have here in Britain.

Peter

Prefer to have seen a Photo of the Pie!! Ed.

To each his own!

How about what might have been the filling for a pie? This was part of a project undertaken for a local school reunion.

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300, ISO 640, 36mm, F/10, 1/160sec, Manual, M/mode Pattern, SB800 bounced & flagged. Post in PhotoPlus X5.

More Scrumptious!! Ed.

To each his own!

Very nice indeed and well presented on the table. I don't know how they would taste combined but individually certainly fine fruits. I see blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries - yum Smile

Thank you both very much. It's one of those jobs which comes along every so often, which in this instance is about every five years or so.

So there I am, camera in hand, the only male in the place other than the caterer, surrounded on all sides by anything up to 250 rather lovely ladies. Who are either former pupils or staff members of one of the countries (England) premier Girls Grammar Schools. Ah, life does sometimes have it's compensations after all. Smile The next event is supposed to be next April/May.

Cheers & Merry Christmas to everyone.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post