Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autumn Leaves

This is a photo of trees that overhang the river near where I live. I've played with it a lot, using filters to remove detail, adjusted the tones and saturation then added detail back in with a transparent top layer. Finally I added the border in Paint Shop Pro.
[Image: 2007-10-18_Local-19web.jpg]

ADK Jim

Lovely shot! I love the contrast of the red and green foliage, and the black twigs. It's a bit like a japanese ink painting, isn't it?

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Looks great, Jim. Was it Bizz that you used to simplify the detail?

I like the clever way you composed your picture using the contrast in the reflection.
Very nice post processing as well, beutiful colors.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I used a buZZ filter for the detail reduction. I made a duplicate layer, applied buZZ Simplifier 1 at 381 (if I remember correctly), then did a defog layer (USM at 15/60/0). I topped it saturation adj layer and a curves adj layer. Finally I duplicated the base layer again, dragged it above the defog and below the adj layers and set the opacity to 20% to pull back in a little of the original detail.

I'm not real happy with the frame. I bought the new Pain Shop Pro Program and it is one of the frames included there but I'm not crazy about most of the frames in version X2. I still have ver. 9 on my XP machine. I may try to copy some of the frames from that and put them into PSP X2. I will probably end up buying or making some to get a variety of ones I like.

I thought I recognized the Buzz simplifier - it is my by far my favorite 3rd party PhotoShop plugin and I use it a lot.I usually apply the filter to a higher degree of simplification than I actually want - and then fade it back to 50% or less in Luminosity or Darken mode. Nice to see someone else use it effectively.

looks great

D.J.

I tried other filters that simplified images but none worked as well or had the control of buZZ. I got buZZ Simplifier as a freebee with a British photo magazine that I bought and ended up buying their whole suite of filters a couple of years later when Fot2Pix had a special sale that threw them in with Photo Art Master Gold which I like also. I'm having trouble with Photo Art Master on Vista though. I wrote them when I first got my new PC and they told me to run it as the administrator and it would work. It did for a while but now it has taken to crashing every time I try and the Fot2Pix website seems to be down. Too bad. I was hoping there would be upgrades available.

Too cool, now is the time, but up here not too many left on the trees.

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

beautiful!

you could try to render the hue of the water slightly more blueish, so as to increase warm-cold contrast between the water and the leaves.

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post