Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autumn Reflections

These were all taken near sunset last Tuesday (19/11/13) at Cliveden, a National Trust property near the River Thames in Buckinghamshire. They could have gone into the Trees section of the forum, but I put them here just to see any reflective comments about the reflections! In particular, does it matter how much of the real scene is included in the composition, or do they all work as shot?

(Pentax K-5 II and kit lens (18-55mm) at f/5.6 and 1/125s, #1 at ISO 400, #2 and #3 at ISO 800.)

Philip

Works for me.

Only snag, if giving to someone to look at, would have to tell them, "It's upside down". Ed.

(Nov 26, 2013, 07:48)MrB Wrote:  These were all taken near sunset last Tuesday (19/11/13) at Cliveden, a National Trust property near the River Thames in Buckinghamshire. They could have gone into the Trees section of the forum, but I put them here just to see any reflective comments about the reflections! In particular, does it matter how much of the real scene is included in the composition, or do they all work as shot?

(Pentax K-5 II and kit lens (18-55mm) at f/5.6 and 1/125s, #1 at ISO 400, #2 and #3 at ISO 800.)

Philip

I like #1 the best, then #2, although I would bump the saturation and vibrance.

#3 has no reference to show it's a reflection, and therefore confuses the viewer.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Well, to prove that photography is entirely subjective, I like #3 best! I like being confused for a fraction of a second and I love how you captured that in #3 Smile

Like it so much! I really love autumn, but I still learn how to make such good photos...

EdMak, Wall-E, kNox and Wezno - thank you to you all for viewing and commenting, much appreciated. Smile

Philip

Interesting. i do like it all. An animal as subject in the reflections could remove the perspective of upside down for first time viewers. Nice Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

A crocodile?? Ed.

a herd of wildebeests, surely!

(Dec 2, 2013, 04:03)Dean Wrote:  a herd of wildebeests, surely!

Running majestically across the Savannah? Where's Basil when you need him? ShyTongue

(Dec 2, 2013, 11:15)Phil J Wrote:  
(Dec 2, 2013, 04:03)Dean Wrote:  a herd of wildebeests, surely!

Running majestically across the Savannah? Where's Basil when you need him? ShyTongue
Note: a UK joke.

The original post does state that the photos were shot in Buckinghamshire, not Devon, so that's just fawlty thinking! Smile

Philip

P.S. Any more critique of the photos? Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jackson Roy
Jun 10, 2020, 11:01
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 30, 2017, 10:35