Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autumn glory

I took these photos using my Canon 600d dsl camera. It was a beautiful early morning with mist over the water and frost on the ground. I tried getting the autumn colours of the trees and catching the mist in the background. I used ISO 100, f/8, exp. 1/125 55mm lens for 0748 image, ISO 100, f/11, exp. 1/125, 21mm lens for 0750 image and f/10, exp 1/250, 55mm lens for image 0756.

Attached Files Image(s)

oh man! These images are really cool to my eyes. Looks very calming and relaxing seeing this kind of images Smile Nice work Snaphappy Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Dec 4, 2013, 17:33)PhotoPlay Wrote:  oh man! These images are really cool to my eyes. Looks very calming and relaxing seeing this kind of images Smile Nice work Snaphappy Smile

Thank you Photoplay. This is my first attempt at trying to capture an autumn morning. I was really pleased with them, they are natural colours as I dont like the effect of photoshop too much.

Delicate, pastel colours, comes to mind, as you intended. The horizon needs straightened on middle one. I would remove the black ?? in the foreground on top one. I originally thought the bottom one was the one I liked least, but kept going back to it, there is something there. Appreciate you are not a Post Processing enthusiast, (have you considered the possibility of sharpening only), but I did produce this via Photoshop, think it can be improved on still. Cheers, Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Dec 5, 2013, 01:31)snaphappy Wrote:  This is my first attempt at trying to capture an autumn morning. I was really pleased with them, they are natural colours as I dont like the effect of photoshop too much.

You should be pleased with these nice shots, but one of the ways of using programs such as PhotoShop is not to change what is natural but to enhance it, in an attempt to make the photo depict the scene more faithfully than the unedited photo might show.

For example, in your last shot, I would guess that your eyes would have seen much more of the natural colour and detail, particularly in the foreground of the scene, compared to what is being shown in the photo.

Using photo editing software, in a step-by-step way, can effect subtle changes to brightness, contrast, saturation and clarity, to bring out more of the natural colour and detail. E.g. -

Philip

(Dec 5, 2013, 03:18)EdMak Wrote:  Delicate, pastel colours, comes to mind, as you intended. The horizon needs straightened on middle one. I would remove the black ?? in the foreground on top one. I originally thought the bottom one was the one I liked least, but kept going back to it, there is something there. Appreciate you are not a Post Processing enthusiast, (have you considered the possibility of sharpening only), but I did produce this via Photoshop, think it can be improved on still. Cheers, Ed.

Hi Ed, thanks for your comments. I can see the horizon is not straight now, didnt notice it when I posed it. The "black" is a bird on the water, there were several on the lake. Will try the sharpening as you suggest. Appreciate your comments, thanks.

(Dec 5, 2013, 05:13)MrB Wrote:  
(Dec 5, 2013, 01:31)snaphappy Wrote:  This is my first attempt at trying to capture an autumn morning. I was really pleased with them, they are natural colours as I dont like the effect of photoshop too much.

You should be pleased with these nice shots, but one of the ways of using programs such as PhotoShop is not to change what is natural but to enhance it, in an attempt to make the photo depict the scene more faithfully than the unedited photo might show.

For example, in your last shot, I would guess that your eyes would have seen much more of the natural colour and detail, particularly in the foreground of the scene, compared to what is being shown in the photo.

Using photo editing software, in a step-by-step way, can effect subtle changes to brightness, contrast, saturation and clarity, to bring out more of the natural colour and detail. E.g. -

Philip

Hi Philip. What you have done to my photo is a lot better. You can see a lot more detail. I still have a lot to learn about taking photos, and even more about the art of photo editing. Many thanks for your comments - I shall keep on practicing.
Jane

The third photo is really awesome, and I like both the original and edited versions. Cool stuff!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post