Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Avebury Stone Circle

Hi
This was taken on my old Fuji F11 compact. A cold misty day at this stone circle. Processed in Paint shop, over processed? i was trying to get the feeling of the day any suggestions welcome.
http://500px.com/photo/54391902

Not natural looking, to me. Post original? Ed.

As Ed has written, it doesn't look natural. The scene was probably outside the dynamic range of the sensor, hence no detail or texture in the black at the bottom and white at the top, but it does also look over-processed. Bearing in mind your aim, it might work better for you in black and white, e.g. -

Philip

Hi yeh I agree really, I'll try B&W see what i get.

Very over-processed. It is impossible to say more without seeing the unprocessed image but it looks to me to have too high contrast, too high colour saturation and too much sharpening. If the day was cold and misty I would let the picture tell people that. And, yes, it looks better in mono.

yes in B&W thanks for the comments, funny I knew there was something wrong here, but it takes other eyes to see, suppose that's why we are posting

I would also want to see the original and I agree - sometimes natural is better than processed, and in this case I bet the original photo would look better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post