Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B&W images (3)

I have tried Mitch convertion from color to B&W and here is my try.... Smile

I tried with three different subjects...

Ingrid.

[Image: DSC_0004ingridBW.jpg]

We went to a little airport and I got this I thought it would be nice to try in B&W

[Image: DSC_0273-01planebw.jpg]

I like this picture in color but I wanted to try because of the texture of the wall, and the contrast colors of the chairs..

[Image: sangimigniano14closebarbw.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

All good shots Irma. I'm not sure what to say to improve on the 3rd but 1 and 2 may benefit from crops. Ingrid eyes are dead center of the photo. Why not crop the right side to put her eyes in the right upper side of the rules quadrant?

The plane also has too much land beneath it putting the plane dead center of the image.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Colin for your comment... The crops you suggested will improve a lot the composition in these pictures Smile

I have to say that the 3rd is my favorite... I don't know but I like it very much... funny it is just a picture of a close bar Smile

Paul Cezanne

These seem like very nice conversions, Irma. Wink Did you make an action yet? If not, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my B&W actions. It will save you tons of time.

With the portrait, you might try to brighten only the face and hair. How much depends on how dark Ingrid's complexion is in real life, but it seems a tad underexposed here. On the other hand, the highlights in her shirt look spot on, so it's hard to say.

Very nice, Irma. I really like the 3rd also. I think its the texture of the wall, and the composition which I like so much. Looks great in B&W!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

These are all very good shots, Irma. You have really grown since you started posting here from an enthusiastic amateur to one of our more accomplished and consistent photographers.

I like them all for different reasons. My personal favorite is #1.

Mitch, I haven't make the actions yet. That would be nice if you send me your actions... Thanks very much Smile

Schellamo, Thanks for your comment Smile Looking forward to seeing your B&W tries Smile

Toad, Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it a lot!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Nice work Irma - #3 is my favourite. I just love the pattern and symmetry of the chairs, against the rough wall. The door and sign add some interest to the photo as well. Lastly, I like the colour / tone as well..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Jul 1, 2013, 01:16
Last Post by melvin
Apr 19, 2013, 19:04