Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BW landscape

Working with the contrast in BW pictures. Do you think the contrast is right here?

[Image: IMG_7920-Edit.jpg]

Thanks so much for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

All the landscapes I have taken seem to fade into the distance.
I don't know if perspective is altered by darkening the horizon. I shall watch and see.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Maybe because it wasn't taken with a wide angle lens. It was l05mm focal length.
The trees you see in the background are the beginning of the forest, and it is a bit soft since I had f5.6.

Paul Cezanne

Interesting, make the image look a little flattened to me (perhaps this is the lens effect). I always tend to go for too much contrast, for me this is a little washed out but it does give a nice soft quality to the image. Nice composition

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

I don't like that the horizon splits the image straight across the middle, I'd be tempted to lose an inch of the sky. I ove the textures in the foreground, nice work.

I think the contrast is pretty good as it is.

The shot feels slightly reversed to me. It is darker in the background - but the image is sharper in the foreground. This is sort of the opposite of what I expect to see in nature. I usually see things in the distance and less detailed and *usually* dimmer / less contrasty. Maybe that's just me, though.

Thanks a lot for your comments You all are great!! ... Smile

I was planning to go again and take the same landscape. It wouldn't be the same but now I am interested. I will take it with a 50mm, so I will get it very sharp. I think my treatment changed wrongly the colors and make my horizon darker. I'll do it again, as there will be nice weather these days. I'll take consideration in the composition and my horizon will be in the right position... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by RobertMurariu
Apr 25, 2017, 12:54
Last Post by delb0y
Mar 12, 2017, 14:46
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 1, 2013, 04:02