Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bad hair day.

Nothing to do with hair. It was a grey wet overcast day, and I took a few shots.
After while looking at this one I added albeit a grey/blue sky and I thought a little sunshine would help.
I roughly selected (feathered) around the top of the hill, played around with levels, to make it look like sunshine through a gap in the clouds. I missed the shadows off, but does it look respectable or false.?

[Image: landscape.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Looks ok at this size NT, you should have seen if anyone picked up on it or commented about the light on the hill Wink

It looked like a patch of sunshine to me right away.
So instead of 'Nice catch' I'll say 'Good job'.

Thanks for the comments.
It just seemed a novel and quick way to brighten some shots. It would need a bit more work where the feathering overcooks but I was reasonably pleased with the first result.
Selective feathering thats next.:/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like a lot what you did here NT.

In this case your transit from light to dark is smooth. It looks good to me. I would suggest a bit of contrast in the lit part with the burn tool to work only with the shadows.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pavel
Dec 1, 2008, 18:55