Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bali - Animals (9 pics)

Episode #4 of the Bali photos...

[Image: AB1_7110_NR.jpg]
1. While walking around the temple at Ulu Watu (Pura Luhur Ulu Watu) which was home to many monkeys, I heard a sudden shout and turned around to see three men chasing one of the monkeys. I managed to quickly snap this shot of the monkey as it was about to jump on a roof. There are signs around warning visitors about monkeys stealing personal items that aren't secure. Clearly they aren't kidding!

[Image: AB1_7699_NR.jpg]
2. I'm not sure what this insect was, but it looked cool walking along this railing.

[Image: AB1_8015-Edit_NR.jpg]
3. The rice fields at our bungalow in Ubud were frequently visited by birds. These are white herons I believe.

[Image: AB1_8149_NR.jpg]
4. One of the many geckos we saw in Ubud. While many were only about 4 inches long, there was one sharing our bungalow which would've been at least a foot. The one in this shot was probably 6 inches long.

[Image: AB1_8960_NR.jpg]
5. Mother and baby monkey in the Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud.

[Image: AB1_9065_NR.jpg]
6. Monkeys bathing at the Sacred Monkey Forest.

[Image: AB1_9080-Edit_NR.jpg]
7. After some chasing, I finally managed to nail this shot of a butterfly in flight. Taken in the graveyard of the Temple of the Dead in the Sacred Monkey Forest.

[Image: AB1_9186_NR.jpg]
8. A cow grazing in the rice fields at our bungalow enjoys a refreshing wash.

[Image: AB1_9217_NR.jpg]
9. A family of chickens wander through the streets of Ubud.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Love the gecko!! Smile

Uli

Love the butterfly, I know how hard it is to get them in flight! Love the other pictures too, of course... Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

#1 is fantastic. I love the expression on the monkey's face.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Great work Adrian - the butterfly is sensational and the chicken shot is really cool.

Canon stuff.

Thanks all. Big Grin

You should've seen me after shooting that butterfly when I saw I had nailed the shot. Big GrinBig Grin Poor Tina. I don't know how she puts up with me. Rolleyes I'm glad there was nobody else around, it somehow doesn't seem appropriate to be excited and happy in a graveyard. Rolleyes Wink
Still... at least I wasn't doing what some of the monkeys were doing in that graveyard!! :o :o I'll leave that up to your imagination. Rolleyes

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post