Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beaches

This was shot on Ardrossan North Shore looking across to the ise of Arran at around 10pm. There had been a covering of cloud that startedto break up allowing the suns rays to spread out. Canon EOS 600D with 18-55mm kit lens set at 18mm 160th sec at F7.1

(Aug 29, 2014, 06:32)davemcdade Wrote:  This was shot on Ardrossan North Shore looking across to the ise of Arran at around 10pm. There had been a covering of cloud that startedto break up allowing the suns rays to spread out. Canon EOS 600D with 18-55mm kit lens set at 18mm 160th sec at F7.1

Would you be kind enough to enlighten us as to the editing you did in PS?

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

(Aug 29, 2014, 13:40)Wall-E Wrote:  
(Aug 29, 2014, 06:32)davemcdade Wrote:  This was shot on Ardrossan North Shore looking across to the ise of Arran at around 10pm. There had been a covering of cloud that startedto break up allowing the suns rays to spread out. Canon EOS 600D with 18-55mm kit lens set at 18mm 160th sec at F7.1

Would you be kind enough to enlighten us as to the editing you did in PS?
To be honest not a great deal. I did the usual tweaks in contrast and colour with some sharpening to finish

Dave, as with your Scottish West Coast shot - I think the light and colours in the sunlit clouds, and reflected in the water, are wonderful.

For me, the foreground shore is slightly too dark, and there is slightly too much of it at the base of the composition.

Cheers.
Philip

Nothing I can add, Philip has it covered. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.

That's a truly fantastic shot!

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

The full moon enticed me down to the beach this week, but first to capture the sunset at Porthtowan in Cornwall. This was a single exposure in Raw which was processed to give 3 images and then blended in PS Elements 12. I haven’t projected it on to a screen yet to see how well the joins have turned out but pretty happy with it so far. Taken on a canon 60D with a Sigma 10-20mm lens set at 12mm. 10secs, f13, 100 ISO.

Only comment Deane, is that the horizon does not appear to be level, I say appear, as it may well be the wave that's causing this, the horizon is shrouded.
Can you see a big difference between the single and combined pics, I have read!? that images made in P/S, are not as good as individually taken pics, for combination.
It still is a super shot, well worth the morning call. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!