Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bergamo conversation

[Image: Italy_2_men.jpg]

My first attempt at a photo upload....

Interested to see if it worked for starters.

Interested to get feedback also. This photo taken in Bergamo, Italy last January. The 2 gents seemed deep in conversation but a series of these photos revealed that they were probably talking about me taking photos of my partner...

Cheers!
Gooly

I really like this photo, i am not normally one to like any flare , but in this case i think it works .

And Welcome to Shuttertalk Big Grin

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very nice composition, and the falre down't bother me a bit - adds to the interest of the photo. Welcome to ST.

Thanks for the feedback gents...the series is really quite interesting. I started out using the sun in the archway to get some lighting on my partner and after a while these 2 guys just started hanging around. When I got home and started looking at the photos from the trip I ended up cropping out my partner and just going with these 2 Italian gents - who ultimately proved more interesting. I hope Karen doesn't read this.....

gooly

Nice shot indeed. Compositon works very well. Still im curious, what would it have looked liked with Karen in it... Tongue

Welcome to ST btw.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Karen is very self conscious and does not like her photo being taken so while the setting and light were fantastic I have a lot of shots of her frowning at the camera. Of course I have started to learn that this si a good foil to get candid shots of other people - thanks to p'shop for cropping...

g-)

I like your picture a lot... but I also think the flare, in this case, take too much attention from the subject...

Welcome to ST Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma

thanks for your welcome and your comments.

Gooly

G'day Gooly, I really like this shot, the pool of light on the ground around your subject is great. I do find the flare a bit strong.........still enjoyed the shot.

welcome to ST

Really nice work - the flare and the over exposed roof tops are a little distracting. However - all things considered they still contribute to what is going on.

As someone else said - the pool of light works really well.

Canon stuff.

Thanks for the feedback Russt & Shooter. Is it worthwhile trying to subdue the flare and reduce the overexposure on the rooftops? I am a bit naive and my eye gets drawn to what I like in the shot. Your points are valid and makes me think a bit more about how to improve these poorer elements.

I guess this is what the forum is about - learning.

Cheers!
Gooly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by gooly
Aug 7, 2006, 04:03