Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best "always with you" camera?

f/2.0 lens, image stabilization, 16/9 panoramic mode, 26mm focal lengh. All of it in a smartphone. Makes me drool.

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/9128863...first-look

Sorry vlad, Its a phone cam with a tiny sensor and as you have probably read not to easy to use. I carry with me at all times a Canon Powershot A1300 16MP camera with a 28mm wide angle 5 times optical lens. It's by no means Canons best compact camera but it has something very rare now in compacts, an optical viewfinder linked to the zoom. This means my two AA batteries last for ages, as I don't have to use the screen except to set the camera up and to review my pics. The A1300 is very compact and the thicker part of the body where the batteries fit gives you a good hold. The camera retails at a very reasonable £80 on most of the online retailers. BTW I am a Pro photographer and this little camera has paid for itself several times over by taking photo opportunities that appear out of the blue and been sold to various publications. The results are of a good standard and the little cam tries to get it right every time using intelligent Auto as well as some other useful settings.

(Jan 16, 2013, 18:44)vlad Wrote:  f/2.0 lens, image stabilization, 16/9 panoramic mode, 26mm focal lengh. All of it in a smartphone. Makes me drool.

may be ridiculous but my 5d is always with me

Hi Melvin, there are situations that crop up where if you walk into a venue, situation, event with a great big black camera around your neck. You will be turned around and marched straight back out of whatever is going on. With my little black Canon on silent mode it can discreetly fire away without the knowledge of anyone at the event. I get the pic for the paper you get the bus home. I always carry my Pro Gear in the car, but the little Canon is with me at all times.

(Jan 21, 2013, 18:56)melvin Wrote:  may be ridiculous but my 5d is always with me

At that price I would take it to bed too. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Jan 16, 2013, 18:44)vlad Wrote:  f/2.0 lens, image stabilization, 16/9 panoramic mode, 26mm focal lengh. All of it in a smartphone. Makes me drool.

As soon as it becomes available in Romania I'm getting one, I'll post a review here Smile

The one in your hand.Cool
[/i][/b]

(Jan 21, 2013, 19:33)fototaker27 Wrote:  Hi Melvin, there are situations that crop up where if you walk into a venue, situation, event with a great big black camera around your neck. You will be turned around and marched straight back out of whatever is going on. With my little black Canon on silent mode it can discreetly fire away without the knowledge of anyone at the event. I get the pic for the paper you get the bus home. I always carry my Pro Gear in the car, but the little Canon is with me at all times.

you might be surprised, if you are very discreet when you enter with the cmera, you can get into a lot of surprising places fototaker, im not saying always but more if you are discreet

If i would carry a 5D with me all day long my spine would beg me to find another hobby Big Grin

I always carry a Panasonic LX3 with me. The things that bug me the most about it is the shutterlag and slow (contrast detection) autofocus. It's a compromise Smile

OK now I have purchased the P&S so I have a small camera with me all the time. I have broken 3 previously in my pocket so tell me where I can get a solid case that will protect the thing. Thanks, Mike

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post