Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bibury(1)

Bibury is one of those odd Cotswold towns that gives off the sense of being extremely attractive...yet when one tries to frame a shot, it's hard to make anything "go".
Its main attractions are a) a few trout; b) the most oversnapped row of houses in Merrie Englande, Arlington Row...don't ask me why: something to do with their age and how neatly they fit into the long end of the 28mm-to-something "walkaround" carried by the socks 'n' sandals brigade. Er, the houses, that is, not the old trout. Tongue

Anyway, must needs and all that:
I can't help thinking of 1000-piece jigsaws for some reason...but here's the only ones I'm happyish with.

[Image: 1115girlST.jpg]

[Image: 1138ST.jpg]

[Image: 1134ST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

All well done. The processing, ragged framing, and 2D composition on #3 makes it my favorite. The B&W treatment elevates #1 as I suspect in color the girl's coat might clash with the background - good concept.

Beautiful moment in your #1 picture and really nice post processing in #3. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

These are so beautiful dear Zig, they are all so impressive, you did great job,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Mar 23, 2010, 10:13