Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bike Roadeo

I volunteer on the bike patrol program for one of the local Community Policing Centres, and one of the things we do during the summer months is put on a Bike Roadeo. Specifically, we setup a mini bike course (sometimes a big course) and teach kids how to ride a bike properly. Everything from proper helmet fit, to reading road signs (stop signs), how to cross a crosswalk, etc. Its great fun, and recently I`ve had the job to take pictures at various events of ours (I even got some in the local newspaper!).

I took this shot during one of our bike roadeos in Gastown, during the Tour De Gastown bike race. I took a number of shots, but this one turned out the best. We always bring out our own bikes and helmets for the kids, but this kid had his own helmet and bike (dual suspension!), and just road circles around the course. He was no doubt a pro, so I made sure to grab a good shot.

[Image: IMG_5617e.jpg]

Canon 20D: 17-85 IS, 50/1.8
Fuji S5000: DCR-250, DCR-720

Nice pan and angle. How is it that I did not notice you were from the lower mainland until you mentioned Gastown. I am getting inattentive in my old age...

Oh I think you know that I`m from the lower mainland, you`ve mentioned it in some of my previous posts. You must be getting old Tongue

Speak up sonny - I can't hear you so good... Tongue

I like this shot Gujustud , would you mind sharring your settings ? I am going to go to a skate park pretty soon and would love to get some like this . Good job ...

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:I like this shot Gujustud , would you mind sharring your settings ? I am going to go to a skate park pretty soon and would love to get some like this . Good job ...
Thanks Shawn! Below is the info from the shot:

ISO200, F/10, 1/40sec, Tv Mode,

Really nice work on this one - love the sense of action gained by the technique.

Canon stuff.

Gujustud Wrote:
Banded Drake Wrote:I like this shot Gujustud , would you mind sharring your settings ? I am going to go to a skate park pretty soon and would love to get some like this . Good job ...
Thanks Shawn! Below is the info from the shot:

ISO200, F/10, 1/40sec, Tv Mode,
Thanks,
I will post my attempts LOL .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 4, 2017, 21:25
Last Post by nia
Mar 25, 2011, 01:14